11.

Liam is tongue-tied as Zayn drags him towards the building, right before the guards he stops and with a spiteful glare he looks up to them, “Was he here?”

The guard only gulps in fear and eyes Liam before tearing his eyes on the floor “His name was not on the list” he reasons.

“Come see me tomorrow” is all Zayn says in his commanding tone and drags Liam in. On his way, he ignores every single person that calls him and takes Liam straight into the restroom, vaguely checking the stalls before closing the door from inside.

He finally let go of Liam’s hand and spins so he is standing in front of him. Two fingers hooks under his chin and tilt his face up before pulling him closer, and Liam allows Zayn to do so, enough to feel Zayn’s breathe on his face.

“Why are you here?” Zayn asks, meeting his gaze, “I don’t want you here”

“Then let me go” Liam mutters, “It’s not like I want to be here in the first place” he tries to move his head but Zayn forces him forward and now he can feel the shadow of Zayn’s lips on his own.

“But you already created a scene. Now everyone knows you’re here. Don’t steal my attention more than you already have” Zayn’s hand loosely brushes along the torn shoulder sleeve down his bare bicep, “and fix yourself”

“I am going home” Liam retreats and shoves Zayn’s chest “Fuck you.!!! And just so we are clear, I am here because Olivia called so I meet her step-mom and shit!! I came to secure your flat”, he ignores Zayn’s scoff, “which obviously I regret so I am off from here and don’t dare stop-“ his breathing hitches as he is roughly slammed into the wall and Zayn is crowding his personal space.

“Let’s continue when we are back in our flat” Zayn rolls his blazer off his shoulders and shoves it in Liam’s chest “fix yourself” he orders and leaves no room for argument. Of course, Liam wants to leave but that won’t happen until he makes a scene and the last thing he wants is people asking him about tonight. So, he sighs in defeat and wears Zayn's blazer before turning towards the mirror to fix his hair in a quiff.

When he is done he turns to Zayn and arches his brow when Zayn extends a hand. Oh! It’s unreal how much he wants to slap his hand and to fuel his anger Zayn is not even looking at him, for him to convey his thoughts with his face. Unwillingly Liam takes his hand.

They walk out, hand in hand, faceless people greeting Zayn and stopping him for short conversation that Liam paid zero attention to until he felt someone grab his free hand. He turned and widens his eyes “mum?”

“Liam” she pulls him a tight embrace and when Liam is about to wrap his hand around her, she quickly moves to hug Zayn next who immediately dismissed his client to hug his mum.

“Glad you made it, K”

“Of course I had to come- can’t miss my son’s big day”

Zayn shyly smiles with a short nod, fingers curling more around Liam’s hand “You have any favourite?”

“Oh I do” and his mum animated by starts talking about some flower painting, throwing her hands around but Liam gaze was stuck on Zayn's concentrated face like he is paying attention to everything his mum is saying. God, he hates him so much.

He sighs and looks around for any familiar faces and finally his eyes meets the person who is the reason why he is here in the first place. She excuses himself from Niall and walks straight to Liam.

“Thank God you’re here. I thought you won’t show up” she curls his fingers around his bicep with a smirk, “ready to meet Vanessa?”

Liam sighs again and nods his head. Olivia is bouncing in excitement as she pulls Liam but something tugs both of them back. She tilts her head to see Zayn's hand still holding Liam's yet his eyes on Mrs.Payne as he hears her.