22.

Next morning, Liam walks into Zayn's room and instantly checks for fever and not to his surprise, Zayn's body was burning up.

"Zayn", he gently shakes his left shoulder, "Baby, C'mon, wake up", he used his strength and as carefully as he can he lifted him a little up over his pillow, "You're burning up"

"I can tell" Zayn hisses as he heavily breathes and perched his head upon the headboard.

"Does it hurt?" Liam asks, carefully brushing his fingers on his bandage and retreats when Zayn gives him a poker look, "Right. Sorry" he bobs his head up and down in a slow nod, "I will give you a painkiller and paracetamol for the fever"

"thanks-"

"But you can't have it on an empty stomach"

"I am physically not capable of leaving my bed- I can't cook, Liam"

Liam weakly chuckles and his laugh dries in his throat when he looks at Zayn. His chest was heaving up and down, eyes tight shut as his cheeks and collarbone turns into a shade of pink. So fever does make people pretty? He thinks and mentally slaps himself.

"I can boil milk for you"

"Urghh" Zayn groans and much to Liam liking pulls the duvet up to his shoulder for warmth, "I don't even have the strength to argue"

Liam bites his lip, "Too bad. I love it when we argue. You look hot"

"Well, I am hot- I am burning here" he groans and takes fast breathes. First Liam thinks he is not wrong- then he realizes he is actually not wrong.

"Shit", he jumps out of bed, "I will get a thermometer too", he goes out and comes back after 15-20 minutes, weakly smiling at the sleepy head.

Zayn head was falling on the side as he slept in a sitting position.

Liam sits on his bed and carefully curls his finger around Zayn's neck before adjusting a pillow behind his head, "Zee" he softly calls, "Wake up"

Zayn painfully gulps, his throat dry as he opens his mouth, "water"

"here", he fills a glass of water and before Zayn can take the glass from his hand, he brings the rim of the glass close to his lips. Zayn looks at him for a second before slowly opening his mouth.

Zayn moves back and wipes his mouth with the back of his hand, "Li-"

"Open your mouth", Liam orders, holding out the thermometer and when Zayn wraps his lips around the tube, Liam is a bit distracted.

Instead on the clock, his eyes were stuck on how red Zayn's lips are, mostly because of the fever but the fact that Zayn is glowing brighter than the sun outside got Liam stuck.

"mmmmh?" Zayn hums, feeling the discomfort of the tip pressed under his tongue.

"Sorry", Liam pulls out the tube and checks the reading, "102°- we good", he looks up to Zayn arching his eyebrow in question, "No, no, no. Not good- umm here have some cornflakes and then I can give you the medicine"

Zayn nods and reaches out for the bowl that's kept on his nightstand but Liam gets it before him, "here" Liam insists holding a spoonful of cereal.

"I can eat, Liam, I am good"

Liam's face falls but he quickly masks the hurt on his face, "You right shoulder is shot, Zayn, you're not supposed to move it"

"I can move my hand", just to prove his point he waves his hand and instantly regrets it when his shoulder muscles come into contrast.

"Here", Liam offers again, this time holding back a smile when Zayn scowls and opens his mouth. After feeding him, he gives him two pills of painkiller and paracetamol before tucking him back in bed.