James Ford- Hurt (c)

You never understood why when a man cheated on their girlfriend, she hated the other woman and spent all her energy on the anger towards her instead of him. You didn't know if you would feel the same if you were in that situation until you were.

Although it took forever for you to fall in love with Sawyer, having been infuriated by him for most of your time knowing him. Once you did fall in love with him though, you had no doubts, you never thought he would betray your trust or love. Yes, he would annoy you beyond reason and sometimes you wanted to kill him, but you didn't think he would do anything maliciously. It was a shame that you were wrong.

You had travelled across the island in an excursion and when you returned, you couldn't deny it was a little weird that everyone was looking at you. It wasn't clear to you why they were paying you so much attention, that was until you overheard the whispers of Sawyer's infidelity. His guilty expression only confirmed it.

He couldn't hide from his indiscretion. He tried to continue to lie about what had gone on, but you could tell that he wasn't being truthful. Finally, he had to confront the truth. Whilst you had been away, he had been unfaithful, having had sex with Juliet, something he claimed to have regretted but you doubted that fact.

Your heart hurt. The man you loved had destroyed your trust, but you weren't going to let him know the pain he caused you, you would make him feel it himself.

"It didn't mean anything," he stated. "I never meant to hurt you."

You rolled your eyes at him, not believing a word he said. "What did you think would happen? I'd be fucking happy that you had gotten it off with someone?"

"You don't need to be over dramatic," he frowned. "It didn't mean anything, and it was only one time."

He really was that obtuse. How he couldn't see what he did was wrong, was beyond you. It was a stupid man and if anything, you were glad you could get out of that hell now.

"You betrayed my trust Sawyer," you hissed. "I could never trust you again and if you think I could ever love such a heartless pig ever again, you would be very much mistaken."

You turned on your heel, nothing else needing to be said to him. Sawyer called after you, but you took pleasure in leaving him in his own self-pity.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.