11

>>>>

>>>>

I pull Sebastian into my house as I slam my front door shut. "What are you doing here?! You're getting married in less than a week!"

He takes off his coat and puts it on one of the coat hangers as he looks over at me, "I missed you". I close my mouth as my face heats up. He missed me. He traveled all the way from Los Angeles to New York just to see me, because he missed me. "You really came all the way over here because you missed me? What about Kara? What does she think?"

"She doesn't know—I told her I had some last minute things to take care of for work", he shrugs. He looks around my house and smiles, "I like your Christmas decorations"

"Thank you, but seriously Sebastian, you're getting married in less than a week and I'm sure Kara needs you. You didn't have to come-", I tell him but he cuts me off and sits down on my couch. "Kara will be fine. She sees me everyday, she can manage one day without me. I missed you, Dani. Is it such a crime to come and visit a friend?", he states as he runs a hand through his hair.

There was that word again; friend. And just like that, that stabbing feeling in my chest reappeared. He only saw me as a friend and he'd always see me that way. I think back to that time when he came over to find his wallet and he bumped into me, sending both of us tumbling, and we were so close. Close enough to kiss, and I remember thinking how this was finally it, but it wasn't. It was an accident and he didn't see me as anything other than a friend.

"I never said that. It's just that I'm sure Kara is stressed with the wedding and needs you with her. And a week before the wedding? Sebastian, cmon", I sigh as I stare at him. Believe me I was more than happy to see him, but I didn't want his soon-to-be wife to get the wrong idea. She already didn't like me, imagine how she'd react if she knew where her fiancé really was.

"Sebastian", I sigh as I rub my forehead. I was tired of this. Tired of being led on, tired of getting mixed emotions, tired of getting mixed signals from him. "What are you doing?"

"What do you mean what am I doing? I came here to see you", he says in confusion as he gets closer to me. I back up and bring my arms up to wrap around my body. He looks at me in confusion. "Never mind. It's nothing", I swallow harshly as I turn away from him. I couldn't do this to him, not a week before his wedding. "Make yourself at home. I just have to do some things around the house", I tell him as I try my best to smile. "So what have you been up to lately?", he asks me as he sits down on the stool near the kitchen island. "Nothing much, really", I smile at him.

He puts down a Christmas nicknack and looks up, "So nothings happened since I left?". I walk up to him and shake my head as I slip my hands in my pockets, "No. What about you?"

"Besides the wedding, I've auditioned for a few movies", he smiles at me. My eyes widen as I punch his shoulder. "Ow! What was that for?"

"I'm so proud of you!", I smile brightly as I hug him. He seems taken aback but quickly reciprocates the action and hugs me back. "I didn't get any news back, yet", he laughs as I let go of him. "Still! I know you'll get those roles!"