19

>>>>

>>>>

"Sebastian, Sebastian wait!", I pull him back as he bumps into me. He puts down my purse and looks at me, "What?"

"I can't just pick up and leave. I have my sister here, and Betty", I sigh as I sit down on the edge of the bed. He smiles at me as he crouches down in front of me, "Betty will be fine. I spoke to her already"

"Okay and what about my sister? I can't just leave her alone"

"But she's not alone, Dani. She's married now and you deserve just as much happiness as she does. You've been through a lot, just let yourself be happy for once and do something that benefits you", he tells me as he gets up. He points towards my phone and I grab it, "Call her and let her know what's going on"

"How long will we be in Los Angeles?", I ask him, "What about my job? I'll get fired"

"We can stay as long as you want", he smiles at me as he kisses my forehead. My sister picks up the phone after the third ring and I immediately explain to her what's going on, "Dani! Are you insane?! You'd be a complete idiot if you didn't go. Pack your bags!", she yells at me through the phone. I push the phone away from my ear as she continues to scream at me. "Jess, stop yelling", I laugh as I bring my phone back to my ear.

"Sorry, but you deserve this, Dani. Go and enjoy your life for once and be careful, okay? And I want you to keep me updated on what's going on", she says calmly. I smile to myself as I nod, "I will. Thank you, Jess. I love you"

"I love you too big sis"

"And?", Sebastian asks me as I put down my phone. "She says to pack my bags", I laugh as I get up. I start folding my clothes and putting them in my suitcases. "I have to call my boss", I sigh as I run my temples.

I pick up my phone again and call the office as I nervously wait for Miss Bourgeois to pick up. When she does, I hesitate to answer. "Hello?"

"Yes, hi Miss Bourgeois? It's Daniella", I clear my throat as I look at Sebastian. "Miss Valentine? How can I help you"

"It's complicated but I'm going to Los Angeles and I don't know how long I'm going to be there for and I wanted to know what—"

"Don't worry about it. I actually have a firm there, and if you're up to it, I can get you a position there if your stay in Los Angeles will be long", she says. My mouth opens and closes as I shake my head in disbelief. "You'd really do that?"

"Yes. You know I'm not the evil bitch of a boss that everyone thinks I am. I may look like I am, but I do have a heart, Daniella", she laughs. "That's not what I was trying to imply—"

"I know sweetheart, I'm just joking. But if you're up for the offer, I can make the call as soon as we end this conversation", she informs me as I walk back and forth. "Yes, of course. Thank you so much Miss Bourgeois"