ruin my life pt2

"hey, wheeler!" an angry richie tozier pushed
open the gym doors, fists clenched in a sign that meant danger, his bangs were falling over his eyes and if weren't for the dimly lit room, eddie would've been able to make out the dark piecing blue in richie's eyes.

his eyes were the first thing eddie had liked about richie. they were dark but kind. there was a spark to them that made eddie's curiosity roam the deepest parts of his mind. however, tonight, that bright spark was gone. replaced by it was a dark gleam. the way the villains eyes always go dark in movies.

"richie?" eddie called out faintly. he knew what was about to go down, but where, oh where, was stan?

"h-hey stan?" turning back from the punch stand, stanley let his hands fall to the side, relax, he thought. "oh, hi, bill." bill smiled, that fond smile of his that everyone had grown to love. "have you suh-suh-suh-seen muh-mike?"

it took so much effort for stan's smile to not fade. he faked it. he put on his best face and smiled, though the hopeful twinkle is his eyes was now gone. "no sorry." he turned back to the punch. he wasn't thirsty.

"oh.. hey, you l-look tense. you okay?"
"yea i'm.. i'm super great." stan sighed, closing his eyes momentarily. "no. i'm not great, actually."
"what's wrong?" bill asked, putting a hand over stan's shoulder.

"what's right?" he chuckled brokenly, "isnt that the better question?"
"stan..?"
"bill i gotta tell you something. i know it's your homecoming and you're here with mike and i know it's more then just a friend thing but.. i guess i gotta let this go before it's too late? i don't know, i don't know but, listen," he paused, taking a shallow breath, "bill i like-"

"hey, wheeler!" stan looked at the direction of that all-too-familiar voice. "richie?"
"y-you like richie?"
"what? no! i gotta go." without hesitation, stan ran to where his friend was, ready to stop him from doing something he may regret.

looking at him now, bill might've found stan attractive. not necessarily in looks, though he was attractive that way too, but in personality.

stan kept to himself. even when richie and he had joined the losers club, stan never really talked. he was richie's wingman, the reason richie ever found the guts to ask eddie out. he was the angel on richie's shoulder and that meant richie never listened to him. bill always appreciated his quietness. whenever stan did speak, it was something that the losers always were shocked to hear.

sometimes, they would forget stan was there. but when he did talk, his voice was like a quiet hum, beautiful and worth hearing. the losers didn't know this but further into highschool, stan would come out of his shell. he'd still be like an older brother to richie, a guardian as other people viewed it, but he'd be out.

in a few months, the whole school would know stanley uris as derry high's best quarterback. stanley had really only joined the football team because richie had asked him too. he'd never been fond of sports, but he found some entertaining.

and bill didn't know it now but he'd soon start to see stan as more than the quiet kid in his friend group.

"hey, hey, hey! richie," stan yelled out, jogging over to richie. if he had been quick enough, he would've stopped the first punch, maybe even the second, but no.

it all happened so quick and with so much force, stan had never ever, in all the eleven years they had been friends, he'd never seen richie hit a dude that hard.

mike had barely turned around when he saw richie's fist dive into his face. it wasn't directly to his face, which is what richie wanted. he hit mike's side, sending spit and blood flying over the dance floor. richie heard a high pitched, "richie!" it was probably eddie.