Chapter 26

Another day started for Jinyoung, with a bouquet of white daisies waiting for him at the reception counter. 'I hope these fresh, pretty daisies will make your day' was what was written on the card.

Jinyoung wondered to what extent or for how long that person was going to do this. Were they going to follow him today as well?

Just like yesterday, he left the flowers and set out for the trip. The first stop was Vatican Museums. There was so much to see there that he had to spend the whole morning there.

After lunch, he was in St. Peter's Basilica, a large church where he could have got lost, while walking around and taking pleasure in seeing statues, frescoes and paintings. As much as he was absorbed in this activity, he was also expecting that someone might pop up and give him a flower or something. He was proved wrong, however.

Castel Sant'Angelo was another place he was in. It was also kind of the last stop for today. The museum had its own splendour and was worth a visit.

Right in front of Castel Sant'Angelo was a historic bridge, Ponte Sant'Angelo, with statues of angels on the balustrades. As the sun was starting to set, it was a very cool place to be at and both the bridge and museum looked more beautiful under the lights.

Jinyoung leaned against the balustrade and looked at the Tiber River below. There were a lot of strollers on the bridge and he was just one of them, enjoying the view.

After today and tomorrow, he would be on the way back to Korea. If possible, he would have extended this trip. But he had to consider the budget as well.

Several minutes passed but that did not matter. He did not want to leave the bridge yet. He had forgotten the surrounding and were so lost in thoughts that he flinched in surprise when he felt a tug at his shirt.

A little girl was looking up at him as he turned around and held out her hand, meaning him to take the lavender rose in her hand. Once he took it, she ran back to her parents, who was watching her a few steps away, before he could say anything.

'Come meet me. I'm in a black hoodie', Jinyoung read the card, not without surprise. He looked around and everyone seemed like they were in black and white clothes under the lights.

Black hoodie. He went around in search of a black hoodie. There was a man in black hoodie, standing close to the balustrade and with a camera in his hand. Jinyoung tentatively approached him and caught his attention. But when the questioning, confused eyes turned to him, he knew this was the wrong person. He apologised to the man and continued his search.

In his search, he had found altogether four people in black hoodies, but any of them did not have any idea of who he was, reacting to his inquire with the puzzled eyes.

Giving up, he returned to his previous spot and that was when he caught a glimpse of a silhouette in a black hoodie. That would be his last chance. He approached who seemed to be a man.

"Excuse me. Um, are you... are you perhaps...," Jinyoung looked at the lavender rose in his hand and felt that he was going to embarrass himself again. "Is it you who-"

The words got stuck in his throat as he watched the man turn around and the familiar eyes under the slightly long bangs stared at him back. His heart made a leap and he was, unknowingly, clutching the stem of the rose tight.

"Mark?"

"Jinyoung," Mark's lips turned to a small smile and looked at the rose in Jinyoung's hand.

"What are you doing here?" Jinyoung looked around expecting to see Haewon. Mark stepped closer to him and loosened his grip on the rose stem.

"I'm here alone." Mark tugged at Jinyoung's wrist and brought him closer to the balustrade. "I'm sorry, Jinyoung. I was wrong. I thought I could live without you. I thought I would never regret."

"No. What're you talking about?" Jinyoung shook his hand off Mark's grasp. He had barely overcome the shock. When he thought, maybe he had moved on, why did Mark have to appear again? "Were you the one who sent me the flowers? Why? I didn't need any of them. I need no more heartbreaks. Especially, those caused by you. Stop, Mark. Where's your wife?"

"Jinyoung, please listen to me. Let me explain. I sent you the flowers and cards. And I had no wedding. I know I made you suffer. I made bad decisions but in the end, I still chose you."

Tears started to pool in Jinyoung's eyes and he mutterd, "How can that be possible? All I know was you were having your wedding on the day I left Seoul."

"I couldn't do it," Mark bit his lip, "It was a last-minute cancellation. I told them everything. Everything about us and everything that I'd been bottling up inside me. I deserved Haewon's slap and maybe, even being kicked out by my parents." Mark cradled Jinyoung's cheeks and wiped away the tears.

Jinyoung grabbed Mark's hands away and brought him closer for a hug. He buried his nose in Mark's neck, inhaling deeply. "I'm sorry to hear that. I mean, you being kicked out by your parents."

Mark let out a dry chuckle, tightening his hands around Jinyoung. "I don't regret it. I just regretted being so lost and indecisive, causing unnecessary problems. I missed you. I couldn't bear the thought of not being with you again. I'm sorry."

Jinyoung made no reply and instead, he pressed his lips against Mark's neck. He was, for a moment, startled when he felt wetness against his shoulder, where Mark laid his head on. He pulled away and stared at Mark's tears, before wiping them with his thumb.

"Don't cry. I'm here for you. I never hated you. I was mad, upset, broken and everything. But I could never hate you. I'll never let you go, now that you've come to me. Why didn't you come meet me before? Speaking of that, how did you even know where I was?"

Mark smiled, with a hint of a smirk, "I asked Jackson. Just on the day you left. Amid my pleas and apologies, he still gave me a punch. Before he finally gave away where you were."

"You were lucky it was only a punch," Jinyoung laughed and Mark pouted. "He didn't tell me anything. That guy, I can't trust him anymore."

"I told him not to. I was afraid you would run away from me again if you knew I was coming to you."

Jinyoung locked his hands around Mark's neck, keeping their bodies closer. He did not care whoever was watching them. "Were you following me today and yesterday? I was thinking, maybe someone had interest in me, and wondering if I should give it a try," Jinyoung teased.

"Hey. No one else. Only me. Even if that had been true, you still would have chosen me over whoever that guy could be, right?"

"Maybe, if I'd known you were single. I'm not sure," Jinyoung said, sounding indifferent. He laughed when Mark's eyebrows twitched in a frown.

"Can I kiss you?" Jinyoung muttered and was responded by Mark tilting his chin and laying his mouth against Jinyoung's.

They both followed and felt the familiarity of their past kisses, but this time, there was an addition of a new sort of energy. Sliding, licking and nibbling. Their lips had a complete control of themselves, bringing back the old memories. Just like that, Jinyoung and Mark were taken back to the world where they had thought they would never be again.

Jinyoung panted as Mark's lips left his but remained close enough to let them breathe the same air. Mark's hands were in his hair, which he was sure, was already messy.

"I love you," Mark said, his breath fanning Jinyoung's face.

"Mark." Jinyoung could find no words; he had never thought he would be the recipient of those words said by Mark.

"I love you, Jinyoung. What's the point of pretending that I don't? It had already caused enough trouble. I can't be in denial and lose you again."

"I won't leave you," Jinyoung caressed Mark's cheeks. They seemed not to be able to keep their hands off each other. "I love you too."

They stared at each other longingly, before inching closer and closing the distance between them again.