6

"Oh! That room." Mikaela glanced around. "The heads up that the boss gave us said that we'll go there later at the end of the session."

The end?! Aw man!

"But, " she continued. "I suppose we could check it out now. Come on Sam! Take the pain as a man will you?"

The male groaned in response. Mikaela muttered something under her breath before she shook her head and turned to walk towards the dreary-looking room.

The workers around here seemed to avoid this area. They look skittish whenever they got too close, some glared at the door.

You raised an eyebrow. Maybe they held a grudge with the room? Lost a bet? Ran away screaming because they saw a ghost and got humiliated?

Hmm.

Interesting.

As the three of you walked halfway towards the room. The door burst open and workers ran out. Mikaela opened her mouth to say something but was cut off when a large explosion shook the area. People were yelling and running away. The fire alarm rang, adding in the chaos. The sprinklers on the ceiling turned on making the water drop from the sky.

It feels like chaos. And smells like rain and fire at the same time.

"Hey Miles! What the heck happened?!" Mikaela asked one of the workers that passed by. His clothes were burnt and torn up as if something attacked him. His hair was messy and sticking out everywhere. His face and arms were covered in soot.

"Haha..." He gave a nervous laugh. You had a feeling that he was close to them.

"Well, you see here. My group and I were checking on the air tanks for the Cons when we saw one following us from the water behind the glass wall underneath the pool." He started.

"We didn't really pay attention because we thought that he wanted to look. Oh, how wrong we were! He somehow managed to put a lighter inside the vents then opened one of the gas tanks. And the cause is... What you three see now." He sighed.

Mikaela hummed and scribbled something real quick on her notes. While Sam and Miles were talking, more like Miles was patting Sam on the back and muttering some words as the other boy glared at him, you were trying to see what was inside the room. From the silhouettes that you could make out, you could tell that the inside was roughly the same as the last room.

"Some of the Mers got hurt as well. We need a doctor for them." Miles added.

Mikaela sighed and grabbed her phone. "I guess we'll need to call someone." Her thumb hovered above the screen, about to dial a number but you stopped her.

"Wait!" You said suddenly. All eyes were on you now. You gave a sheepish smile. "I mean, I am a doctor after all. I could help."

"Are you sure?" Sam asked. "I don't think you're prepared for this yet. These Mers are way different than the ones you met. They are more...vicious."

You didn't hesitate. It couldn't be that bad. "Yes, I'm sure. I've dealt with worse. Trust me."

Having to babysit after a dozen kids/toddlers/babies as your part-time job during University to get money for yourself made you a bit tough. If you could handle that, you can handle this. After all, time to show that you really are a doctor and not just a weird girl who eats toast every day and arrives right on time for work, running like you got chased by a ghost.

"Alright then, if you're certain. While the rest of the workers try to put out that fire, we will be calling the higher-ups about this. But don't worry. Miles will go in there with you. Just in case." Sam pats the other boy's back.

You nodded. "Let me just get my first aid ki-"

"No need for that. We got another one inside. We better get going now, so we'll see you guys later. Come on Sam!" Mikaela spun on her heels and walked towards the exit, Sam following and went into step right beside her.

∆×∆×∆

"We haven't really introduced ourselves yet. My name is Miles Lanchester." He held out a soot-covered hand for you to take.

You flashed him a smile and grabbed his hand. "Y/n L/n, it's very nice to meet you, Miles."

"Same goes to you. Now come on then, you wanna patch up those guys don't you?"

You nod. Both of you walked into the room. The fire was out and the workers were gone. Ash covered the floor and shards of glass were scattered all over the place.

"Just a warning though, be extra careful. You won't know what to expect from this pod. They are a bit..." He trailed off. His eyes were staring at something.

He was facing you so the thing he was gawking at is probably behind you. You slowly turned around and gave a startled curse, hands flying to your chest over your heart.

"Ho-ly shizzz!" You shouted.

A silver Mer with red, blue markings glared with burning red optics from where he lay on the side of the pool. He was covered with scratches and deep cuts all over his body. His tail was limp and looked like it was almost ripped in half. He also had those wing-like fins on his back but larger than Prowl's.

The Mer was staring at you as you were staring at him and as Miles stared at the both of you. An awkward silence passed and a few minutes went by. You gave a nervous twitch of your fingers and looked at Miles with a scared-confused expression.

"Is this the part where I'm supposed to do my job and do doctor stuff?"

Cue Miles face palming and the silver Mer rolling his eyes.