20

A/n: Alright so, these few chapters will be chill. Mostly exploring more about the Mers and the Prime trio fitting in. Maybe a few secrets about you as well but we'll see :]

This chapter will be Autobot-centric because I feel like I've been neglecting them for a while.

Hope you enjoy the chapter!!

-   -   -

Still day 8. After lunch.

After you met Miko, Jack, and Raf, you had to go back to the Mer Centre. According to the calendar set up on your offices, it is the day of the Mers monthly check-up.

The sooner you do it, the sooner it'll be over with.

The sooner you'll get home.

And the sooner you can scream into the largest pillow you can find in your house.

And finally, the sooner you can be a lazy sack of shi- um... potato and chill on your bed uselessly doing absolutely nothing the rest of the day.

Your imagination bubble popped as you facepalmed and let your hand slowly slide down your face. You huffed, "Let's do this shit."

. . .

You grabbed a cart used to haul storage boxes on your way to the Mer Centre and proceeded to put a stack of large towels on it. Then you grabbed the large medical kit that should only be used during surgeries, just in case. And also because you ran out of gauze in both of your medical kits by patching up the Decepticons and their daily squabbles.

As the elevator went down to your destinated floor, you checked the time and saw that it was a few minutes before your actual shift so you did a detour. Instead of going straight to the room with Mers, you stopped a few floors below the Mer Centre.

This floor has large sea animals occupying it. Such as whales, sharks, dolphins, manta rays, stingrays, octopuses, large jellyfishes, and more. You head towards their medical centre and asked if you can borrow a large weight scale.

According to the report you had to fill. You need to check each of the Mers weight, fins, fangs, tanks, eyes, agility, flexibility, etc etc.

And for the past few years, a few lines were left empty which means that the pathetic excuse for a doctor that was in charge of them didn't do their job properly.

Well, frack that.

The scale was huge. About the width of a king-sized bed. And you can't possibly move it by yourself so a few workers trailed after you and helped you move it.

You considered bathing them. But you didn't know whether soap is dangerous to them or not. Maybe they have a special gel to use? Scales to shed? You didn't pay much attention to their skin but it looks and feels like some sort of flexible metal armour.

Giant robot fishes...

Robot.

Fishes.

... Hmm.

Do people bathe fishes?

But the Mers aren't fishes. You just call them fishes because they have tails like fishes. Fishes aren't the only ones with tails like those. Whales, dolphins, and other ocean mammals have them too.

Robots? They have metal parts but they don't need oil. Maybe they're more like an android? And android or AI. But they are alive. They breathe, eat, feel, have different personalities.

Their eyes aren't normal. They glow sometimes. When they're tired their eyes dim, when they're excited they shine brightly. And you are pretty sure that wasn't a trick of the light.