Chapter One

RIA'S POV

I live with my nan & my nephew Rehua. Rehua is only 4 so I have to be very careful with him. But he is really smart and evil for a 4 year old. I take him to day care every morning before school and pick him up after school. They are the most important things in my life.

I have 2 jobs to help survive. As a kids birthday entertainer and as a waitress. The waitress job is good, I get paid $500 a week. The kids birthday entertainer pays $200 for each party. The only downside is that sometimes I dress up as something stupid. But hey? Who was I to judge.

I try my best at school. I'm a straight A student and a bit of a shy one. All Maori's/Fobs would be ongoing and loud, all except me. I stayed in the library and studied. I want to make something of myself for a better life, for Rehua and Nan.

Nan is 60. Not that old but I still take good care of her. Nan & Rehua are the only good thing that stays in my life. Everything else was gone.

My parents? Gone

My brother Jason? Gone

My old life? Gone

Everything and everyone was gone. Everyone but Nan & Rehua. She was all I would think of if I ever wanted to commit suicide. Of course I decided not to because then I would have left Nan & Rehua. And I would never do that.

I get ready for school. I slide on my navy blue skirt and button up my white shirt. I braid my hair to the side. After I got my school clothes on, I head to the kitchen to make some breakfast.

Searching throughout the cupboard, I find pancake mix. Pancakes it is then. After making two stacks of pancakes, Nan pray's. I sit Rehua down in his chair and feed him and myself.

"I'm proud of you Ria. You can cook which is good. And your beautiful meaning it won't be hard for you to attract a husband" she smiles. Nan was right. To others I'm beautiful, guys would ask me out but I'd push them away. To me, I was just another girl stuck in the shadows.

I kiss Nan good bye before walking to school. Luckily the daycare is on my way to school.

I drop Rehua of before continuing to walk to school. I arrive at the front gate. The only girl I feel comfortable around is Suli (Suliana). Suli was half tongan, half Raro. I spot her in school and walk to her.

"Hey girl" She cheered giving me a hug.

"Hey, did you hear Matt & Lisa broke up?" She asks. Matt & Lisa was probably the kind of one night stand couple. Lisa was a slut and everyone knew she cheats on Matt, everyone except him.

Matt was the definition of handsome. He is a 6'2ft, Maori-raised, rugby machine kind of guy. His full name was Mathew but everyone preferred to call him Matt. He could make any girl melt in seconds. He was loyal, unlike his slut.

"Don't mean to seem rude, but why do I care?" I answer.

"Oh, I forgot that Victoria Tihore is the ONLY girl that doesn't have a crush on Mathew Ioane." Suli replies.

She was right tho, if I did know him personally then maybe I would have a small crush on him.

We walk to our classes. I don't have my first period with Suli and that's what sucks. Not paying attention to myself and staring at the ground, I bump into someone causing my papers to fall.

Instantly, I bend over and pick up all the papers. He does the same. Wait he? I lift my head up and come face to face with Matt. Our face was only a few inches away so if I was to move forwards them we would have....... Uhh..... Knocked each other over. I looked back down and picked up the papers.

"Uh, my bad. Sorry, Ria" He says handing me a few of the papers. I stay quiet and continue. He's still here. Why is he still here? Why did he even help me? He doesn't even know I exist yet he knows my name.

After finally fixing up my papers, I continue walking to English without saying a word. What was that about? I wasn't that shy, I just didn't socialise a lot. I am the main shooter in our schools undefeated Netball team.

School goes by quick and I have a kids birthday to get ready for at 7. Who has a 6 year old birthday party on a Tuesday? The birthday girls name is Keira and she wants a warrior princess at her birthday. Thank you Keira for not picking the princess!

I go to work and pick up the costume. This place had everything from Repunzel to Jack Sparrow. I know, cool aye? When I have my day off I just dress up for fun. Yeah I'm a bit immature but who's isn't these days?I check the time and it's 4.

I put the costume on. It was a gladiator skirt up to my knee's and a brown warrior styled top. It wasn't revealing because I ain't that type of girl and besides, I doubt there is going to be any cute guys there.

The costume was perfect on my brown skin. It made it believable that I was actually a warrior princess. I curl my black hair and tie it into a loose ponytail. I make dinner for the other 2 before I leave.

I get the address that my boss sent me and txt my cousin Caesar to take me. He was the only cousin I had that lived in Auckland. Everyone else was spread all over New Zealand. Caesar is my first cousin. He's 22 and works as a scaffolder.

"Oh, I see the birthday kid picked something less ridiculous. Although I loved the kid that made you wear an octopus" he laughs.

"Good to see you too egg. Here the address" I show the text on my phone to him. He nods and then drives off.

"Txt me when to pick you up" he parks and I see which house had the birthday.

He gives me the lecture he always does when something goes wrong. I walk to the front porch of the house and knock on the door. The door is then soon opened followed by Matt.**********************************************************************************
Cheeehoooo! First chapter finish Is this a good book?VoteCommentFollowTell meh if this is good!