Chapter Ten

RIA'S POV *One Week Later, Friday*

Today is Lani & Hoani 17th birthday and Aunty booked a restaurant near the docks to celebrate. Hoani being the player he is decided to invite the whole school, while Lani just wanted friends and family. I don't really care who shows up, but I know Matt will.

Uncle Hamiora, Eliana & Rangiahua have settled in well. Rangiahua took Nan's advice and covered up. Eliana is a hard worker from what I observe, she really wants to be a doctor. This made Nan & Aunty Teresa very proud. Rangiahua wants to be a designer. And she's really good at it.

Hopefully, All of Nan's kids will move back to Auckland, excluding Dad since he's gone. I've never seen Nan happier, I've finally have a normal teen life progressing. It's just the boyfriend part I decide to leave out, I just want to be friends with Matt.

Walking to school has never been more peaceful. Lani made a timetable for who has to drop off and pick up Hua. Today it was Shaun's turn so I decided to walk a little earlier. I'm walking beside the twins. The thing is, with these two, there is always idiocy.

Every time a fob guy walks past us and is caught looking at me, the twins would do or say something stupid like,

"aye... That's my cousin",

"what are you looking at?".

"Don't look at her like that" which made them laugh before they continue to walk.

"You's to do realise your only fourteen, and those guys are way bigger than you" I remind them. I hated walking with these two because we were all the same height. I am as tall as a 14 year old. "We know, we just don't want them looking at you like that" Lebron nods.

We arrive at school. I go & find Suli before sitting by her on one of the benches.

"Hey girl, how was the date last week? I forgot to ask" she asks.

"It was..... Man...." I am lost at words. I have no idea how to explain.

"Oh my gawwd.... Shoot me now... Wikitoria Tihore is in love" She says in a sing-song voice.

"Hey" Lani sits beside me.

"Happy birthday" Suli smiles before giving her a hug.

"Nice one, leaving me with Dumb-dumb over their" she lightly smacks my shoulder.

"Happy birthday cuz" I kiss her in the cheek before we walk to class.

****
I haven't talked to Matt today which is unusual. The birthday doesn't begin until 7 and it's 4 at the moment.

"How but this one?" Suli asks holding out a plain-peach dress that falls down to the floor.

"Yeah, that one looks good, and Matt's going to be their" Lani nudges me.

"Actually, let's get Ahua (Rangiahua) to pick out something" Lani suggests before calling Ahua to the room. I don't really see what the point is in dressing up, I mean it's just a birthday. She orders Suli & Lani to leave the room for my "make over".

"So this Matt guy, does he like you?" She asks while going through my wardrobe.

"I don't know" I answer.

"Lani was telling me he's going to be at the birthday tonight, so we got some work to do cuz" she snaps her fingers. She begins pulling out several dresses from my closet.

She finally decides what dress I'm wearing. It's an Electric blue, thick one strap, knee-length dress. It's plain but beautiful. After slipping in the dress, it really hugs my figure, and I don't remember buying this dress. I take a seat on the computer chair as she straightens the top of my hair and curls the bottom.