Chapter Six

RIA'S POV *few days later*

After our presentation yesterday in geography, I've been trying to avoid Matt. Maybe if I avoid him, my feeling could be avoided as well. That isn't the only reason I've been avoiding him. Nan's gotten a little sick & I haven't been feeling myself lately.

We are in Art learning about the Mona Lisa. Who knew everywhere you were, the lady's eyes where staring directly at you.

"Would the Netball & Rugby team please report to the gym" an announcement is made. Our teacher nods excuses us as we all make our way to the gym. I was pumped for this weeks grand final. Everyone was, and we were sure to make sure the trophy is ours.

"Ok. Everyone take a seat" Mr Taupa tells us. We all sit and listen.

"I know you guys aren't ones to like bad news, but this weeks game is cancelled. It's moved to next week" Ms Kingi says. Boos come from the boys.

"I know, I know. At least you guys got this week off" she replies.

"Miss, but we're still in the finals tho, aye" I turn to see Matt. I already knew it was his voice, but I've missed hearing it.

"Yeah. The sports organisers have just changed it" she explains.

"Ok, you can go" Mr Taupa dismisses us.

I walk off to my next class. Which is my free.

"Hey Ria. Ria. Ria, wait up" I hear Matt call out. I continue to walk faster.

"Ria- hey what's the matter?" He takes my face into his hands. I don't even look at him, just plainly stare at the floor.

"Hey, what's wrong" he rubs my cheeks. I feel tears prickle down my cheek. Way to go Ria. That is just showing how weak you are. He wouldn't even care. I turn around so he doesn't see me cry. I can still feel his heavy breathes behind my back. Why is he still here?

He pulls me into his chest and rocks my back and forth.

"Are you ok?" He asks as I pull away.

I mumble a soft "yes".

"Ria, I know you've been avoiding me and I don't like it. I can't stand being without you. I don't know what's been going on, but that moment I bumped into you & made your papers fall, I knew I wanted you. I wanted you to be mine. Getting to know you more, your the most hardworking girl I know. I'm in love with you Victoria Tihore" he hugs me tighter.

I am speechless at his words. I don't think I've ever heard a guy say something like that to me. He leans down and presses his lips, softly against mine. This was my first ever kiss, I didn't even know how to.

I stand on my toes so he doesn't have to lean so far down. (New goal: get taller). The warmth of his lips softly kiss my lips. His arms tightly grip onto my waist as I swing my arms around his neck.

No. No.

This isn't right. But it feels right. I pull away and run off. I can hear his yells in the background. More tears prickle down my cheeks as I rush to the bathroom. There are tear stains all over my face. I run the tap and wash my face.

Lucky the class I missed was my free or else I would have been In trouble. I dry off my tears as I hear the bell ring. English next. I walk & sit at the back of the class. Plan? To not be noticeable or draw any attention to myself.

All works out until Hoani walks into class and sits beside me.

"Hey, cuz.. Can I borrow a penc- aye, what happened?" He asks with concern.