|Muichiro x reader| Future

Requested by: TalkingSpaghetti
SPOILER WARNING! Contains stuff from the manga, if you don't want to get spoiler better click out of this one shot. But you don't mind please do continue. P.s This wasn't edited so there might be some typos and grammar errors :P

*******************************************

You inhaled the familiar scent of your potted plants as you walk to the front door of your estate. Colors of green, pink and white looked magnificent under the rays of the rising sun, its dew drops glistening on their leaves.

After a few days of completing a mission, you finally got back to your estate. Being away from home was dreadful every passing hour of the mission.

When you went up to the front door, you slowly slide open the wooden doors and went inside but not before leaving your sandals on the rack.

"Muichiro, I'm home." you announced as you took a step on the polished wooden floor boards, with it creaking under your weight.

Hearing a meow in response, your eyes lit up in recognition and excitement. You ran to the living room and immediately lifted the dark colored feline off its feet, then proceeding to shower its face with kisses.

"I missed you baby!" you exclaimed as you twirl him around. When you placed him on the ground, it was stumbling and struggling to walk causing you to let out a giggle.

"So you only miss him?" a familiar voice revealed their self as their footsteps came closer and closer.

Smiling, you turned to faced the half awake boy whose hair was a mess from sleeping. He rubbed his eyes tiredly, standing a few meters from you.

Taking big steps to him, you engulfed him in a tight hug, and started swaying with his body. "Of course I missed you too.." your voice was muffled as you snuggled your face on his shoulders.

"Welcome home"

You pulled away from him, much to his disappointment, and stared right into his mint-green eyes. "Were there new orders from Oyakata-sama?" you asked as you walked to the kitchen with him behind.

"Hm. He ordered that we, the pillars, will enhance the skills of the low ranked demon slayers in preparation for the upcoming fight with Kibutsuji." he answered casually as he slumped down the seat and rested his chin on his palm.

The nervousness that you bottled up these past few days almost made your knees buckle under you. You knew that the upcoming war with Muzan may never end up the way as planned, it will be unexpected which makes it even scarier.

"Where am I assigned?" you asked as you tried to masked the shakiness of your voice. The sizzling of the pan covered your heavy panting yet Muichiro, being the one to notice little things, made his way behind you.

He wrapped his arms around your waist, laying his head on your back. He was breathing calmly trying to make you synchronize with him. "I asked Oyakata-sama to work with you in training them" his monotonous voice helped you calm down like it always had.

After a few minutes of him matching your breathing as you made breakfast, you turned to him wrapped your arms around his neck. "That's a good thing then.."

After the two of you had breakfast, he insisted that you take a nap before going on the training. With his little frustrated face, you couldn't be resist. Now you were sleeping peacefully under your comfortable blanket, a small black feline sleeping closely at the end of your bed.

Ever since the Master announced that the fight against Muzan was coming close, you recently had small panic attacks which always ended up with Muichiro cuddling with you to sleep.

Sometimes you dreaded that you lived with such a dangerous life. If only you existed in a world without worries, or pain, or any suffering what so ever.

But despite it all, you got to meet Muichiro. That small, brave, cuddle-loving, lover of yours whom you fell in love with in the first meeting he attended as a Hashira. He was fascinating. He was like the moon, serene and quiet yet he shines brightly on his own way. 

When you woke up, it was already lunch break for those in training. The demon slayers who currently trained under Muichiro, rested under the shade of trees in your garden and some of them even tried to pick a flower. As soon as Muichiro saw the person, he coldly insulted them and was ordered to do push-ups and sit-ups a couple of times. And thus, the sun sets and the skies turned dark, the moon came out and became the light source of the garden.

The following days passed on like a flash, that you hadn't realized that it had been a week since the training. The demon slayers grew closer and more comfortable with you that Muichiro sometimes just steals you and hugs you right in front of them like the possessive cutie he is. 

In the end of the first week, you just found yourself unable to get a shut eye. Your thoughts were drowned on the upcoming fight that you so tried so hard to ignore. The room felt suffocating so you had the urge to walk out and stealthily made your way to your beloved garden. 

When you arrived, the moon shone so brightly that its light reflected on the small koi pond that you added. Beside the pond stood a large boulder that you sometimes sit on to see the whole view of the garden from above. 

 You skillfully climbed to the top and sat down, your arms hugging your knees close to your chest. From up there, you felt the mellow blow of the wind as you sink yourself in the thoughts of the possible outcome. Having done this time and time again, it helped you calm down. You usually just stare off a distance for an hour or too until the sleepiness gets to you. 

Being unaware of your surroundings, your heart almost jumped out of your chest when you felt someone sit beside you. Your heard snapped to the side to see the person then immediately calmed down seeing a wide awake Muichiro in his comfortable sleepwear. "Ah you scared me.." sending him a smile, you turned away and continued to stare off. 

"You can't just stay scared about the outcome like some kind of kid, Y/n. Your life had always been unpredictable, from the skills of the demons you face to their damage to you. So what's so different now?" his tone was was cold and held no lies to what comes out of his mouth.

"The only best way to predict the future is to create it. And as a Hashira we must do our duty and make hard efforts for the outcome to be successful." despite his first words to have hurt you a little, he made a good point. You have to train and work hard to be strong enough and make a difference in the battlefield. It was just as simple as that.

You stared at his eye for a minute before breaking down into sobs, proceeding to hide yourself on his shoulder. "How dare you hurt me and encourage me at the same time!" you exclaimed, as you wipe off the tears that was tainting your cheeks. 

For a slight moment he panicked and immediately hugged you. "Sorry.." he apologized sincerely despite the lack of words. You stayed for a few moments before pulling away and stared at the moon. 

"The moon is beautiful, isn't it?" you whispered softly that only you two could hear. Feeling his hand intertwined with yours, you turned your head to the mint-green eyed boy and was taken back when he smiled sincerely at you with his eyes closed.

It warmed your heart to the point that it was almost melting. Now you wished that, that moment lasted a little longer when you found out that it was the last time you saw his smile before the peace was broken to the sound of a loud explosion coming from a distance.

***********************************************

A/n: that took way too long ;-; this is probably my 5th draft before I got satisfied with my work and went with it. I hoped you liked it!