𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲?

i

Jennie is drinking her wine while kept squinting furtively at the notorious juvenile in the side and Taehyung has recognizes her every squint, he was also surprised because of the revelation that Mr. Kim's son is Jennie's ex-boyfriend. For now, Taehyung has nothing to do but to endure the pain, especially of thinking that there's still remaining space for Kai in Jennie's heart.

" Oh there you are, i'm glad that you came here, Kim Jennie and Hwang Hyunjin. By the way, this is Jongin, my son. Jongin, meet them. " Everyone turns their gazes on them by the sudden arrival, especially Jennie who got stiffened on her seat, can't even manage to look away.

" Bro, nice to meet you. " Jongin extends his hand on Hyunjin as Hyunjin forces himself to smile and accepts his hand hesitantly.

Depolarization flashed at Yeji's face for witnessing Kai's actions, even Jennie. Yeji squints at Hyunjin and Hyunjin stares at her, then glances at Jennie afterwards.

" And you are? " Jennie has came back on her reverie because Jongin is facing her, asking for her name.

" J-jennie. " Jennie smiles lightly and looks away, holding her tears back not to fall down and Taehyung has noticed it, but instead of asking her, Taehyung has chosen to understand Jennie's side.

" You guys are familiar! I saw you on hospital last time i guess? If i'm not mistaken, Ms. Jennie right? " Jongin asked vividly and then turns his gaze on Jennie as Jennie looks immediately at him while still managing to smile even of having agonizing pain in her heart.

" H-huh? Really? When? " Jennie asked and Taehyung on the side is glaring stealthily on Kai while heeding at the conversation.

" Don't you still remember us?? We're your friends. " Yeji invaded the company and badly wanted to ask Kai about what happened on the nefarious day of her father.

" Pardon. He got hit by car before because according to the investigation, he was running on the road that time and someone has banged him accidentally that caused his amnesia and we're still consulting his doctor if his memories could be back. " Mr. Kim's answered that made them quiet and Jongin felt the uncomfortable since they have been talking about his personal stuff and he can't relate.

" Mr. Kim! Can i ask you few more questions about him? " Yeji askes as Hyunjin immediately holds her hand hand while staring straight at her, eyes were telling her to stop from asking but Yeji has disregarded his insinuation.

" As long as i can answer it. Spill. " Mr. Kim responded with a decent smile on his lips, waiting for Yeji's questions.

" Have you implement a background check after you got him? What was his profession before? " Yeji asked, trying to calm herself down and however, the swiftness of her heartbeat is still there.

" That's almost my son's personal stuff, but still, i'm gonna answer it. Yes i checked his past background especially that someone who adopted him since he went missing over years and according to iy, my son was a former detective at **** before and he has a girlfriend and i don't know who it was, i never bothered to spend money to find that girl. " Mr. Kim said as he excuses themselves and walks to the another table to introduce his son and entertain the other visitors. Jennie squints at Hyunjin who's staring at him, and after being caught, Hyunjin looks away and continues to eat his meal even though he lost his appetite.

ii

After hours has been passed since they spent time with the other visitors there. Hyunjin and Yeji is now on the way back on home.