Chapter 10: "We Were Friends"

"Wow" I can't hide the ache feeling. Why though?

"Yeah, wow." I'm glad Leo doesn't seem notice.

"Who..." I gulp and a bit hesitate to ask. But I'm dying to know. "Who... who is she?"

Leo rises and down his shoulders. "I don't know. No one knows yet. But they said, she has an angel, a witch, and an underworld creature's blood."

"Witch does exist?"

"Ofcourse."

"Are they included underworld creatures?"

"Nope. We call them, human that has a gift from God."

What happen in this world? Wait something is still aching. Oh right, stupid Thea, my feelings. "And why he needs her? You know, this queen." I can't stand to say his name.

"When the bond between T and his queen are made, they will be hard to beat. T is very strong by him self. And his queen will complete him as his protection. T will be in the front line of the war, and the queen will be beside him as his protector, as the tank." Yep, they are perfect. What am I in this story? Just a freaking ugly human with crazy life?

"You said that he will be very strong when he found his heart?" Leo nods.
"And I guess he's not strong enough now?"

He sighs. "I can't say he's not strong enough, he's still strong though. But he's more like fragile. Gods down there are greedy. And T is not friendly so I think so many people want to drag him down as a king. But we're lucky, cause of that it'll be hard to fulfill the prophecy."

"Remind me again, which prophecy?"

"What do you mean?"

"You have what? 2 prophecy that you had told me."

"Oh right. He will conduct mythical creatures to the surface."

"I don't get it, I can't see these 2 prophecy related to each other if you ask me. You said the end of the world will be caused by the mythical creatures and T. But why he needs the queen as the protection. Is that mean T will fight with her and the mythical creatures or what? But you didn't mention her in T and the mythical creatures alliance."

"Me either. Maybe they are not? Or maybe they are. I'm not sure. Anyway, Not all prophecies are related. But still both are dangerous to earth. It just something that my boss had told me. She didn't need to explain it to me. I don't know, I just agree to everything she said. But your conclusions is not wrong. I wish I can ask her so I can be sure about it. It just I only do what she asks me to do without questioning it." Then I remember what T had told me this morning, Angels are designed very loyal and naive. They are forbidden to doubt the order.

"So, there are more? The prophecy?"

He nods. "It can come anytime. But, Not all are bad. And, it's not humans business."

I roll my eyes. Right, I'm just cameo in this story. Awesome!

He chuckle to my reaction. But not long "But yep, you are my mission remember, I need to keep you save. What ever it is, you are part of the prophecy. You can be the cause of that mythical creatures come to earth if you still around him. Yes, you are the determination. So my suggestion? Please stay away from him."

Like I don't want to. "I thought you are the one who suppose to keep me save?"

He tighten his crossed arm in front of his chest. "Yes it is. But I have a new work to do now. God, I didn't think become a professor need so much effort. Especially my time to protect you."

I can't stop roll my eyes. "Wow, Such a responsible Angel." sarcasm felt so good at the moment.

He frowns. "Oh yeah?" He takes a long breath. "Why earth is so complicated. It was simple back then. I don't get it. Par and Zer asked me to blend, it seemed right with their explanation backthen. But now I feel so bad for not to be responsible to my job based on what you have said. When I thought I could watching you as a professor, T showed up as a student. He's smart right? I think I should start all over again change my identity and be a student. Then I can be with you all the time."

"What? No!"

"He was so closed to you today. He could ripped you of in front of me"

"But he didn't" wait what? Did I just stand up for him?

Leo looks me in the eyes. Now I feel uncomfortable. "Be careful Althea. He's God from underworld, he's full of tricks. Don't let him get to you."

"I won't," is he just said that I'm into T?

He sighs. "I know it feels not comfortable for you to be followed every where. But are you sure you don't want me to be by your side all the time? To make you save?"

"Positive. Beside I always be surrounded by the crowd. I doubt that he'll do something in front of a lot of people. And Zer seems will permanently stay with Par just below my room. So yeah, I'm good."

"I think I should stay here too"

"No way. I don't want people think I sleep with my professor. Never."

He seems think about the situations. "Right. Atleast give me your number. I can track you whenever you are." He hand me his phone.

I think My eyes come out from it place. "No way! You have a phone? And how can you know way to track me? I don't even know how to do it! Since when you became this tech nerd?"

He smirks. "It's nothing. Please type your number." I take his phone then type my number and give it back to Leo.

"Can I ask again?"

"You have a lot of questions for a human." He smirks. Wow he's change alot. He used to smiled all the time but not now.

I roll my eyes. "Since when both of you have this kind of hate relationship?"

He's stiff now. "Since I got the job to protect you."

My jaw drop to the floor, "what?? So I'm the reason you two have a beef? Not two, three!"

"No, actually I don't know if Zer and T are friends they never declare it. But we hang out together anyway back then. Zer is one of underworld citizen and let say T is his master. They stick on that bond. But I can tell they both care for each other. Maybe for Zer is more respect feeling toward T. But I can tell T likes him. Not that way, you know. As a friend. And no. Zer is not hate him. Actually he's not believe of what I told him yesterday about T will hurt you. But he's still keep his eyes on you two. Because he doesn't want to loose his mate's bestfriend."

"And do you?"

"I what?" I know he understands my question but he's play dumb now. I give him glare and he sighs in surrender.
"I don't know. Yes I do know him, or knew him. But We haven't meet for a really long time and he could have had changed. I mean it's the prophecy we are talking about." He seems sad.

"So do you think he killed my parent?"

"I know he's very strict to his job. He's the most loyal God in underworld. He will never break his own rules."

"And?" I'm frustrated. He keeps talking in circle.

"Part of his job is not to kill human. Because he's the one who's responsible to take the spirits of underworld creatures and underworld creatures's victims to the next stop. Even he has that expressionless face, he has the softest heart. He can't stand to facing his victim--"

"So?" I cut him off. I don't get everything he said and I know he won't explain it to me either. I only want his honest opinion. "Do you think he killed them?" I always remember T's face everytime I accused him. It was sad, unbelievable, frustrated, and seems has something to say but he couldn't.

He takes a long sighs and seems to choose a right words to say.
"Honestly, I don't think he did it. my boss was the one who assumed it." I'm surprise and somehow I feel relieved. Part of me scream I know it. I feel it. But Leo haven't finished yet. "But he did killed your granny Althea. Like I've told you. I haven't meet him for years. He can changed. Let's just be careful. Because its already written in the prophecy."

What ever he says. I still happy to heard it from Leo.

T said the truth. He's not lying. I don't know how but now I feel like I start to trust T.

T wasn't the one who killed my parent.

But why he killed my granny?