Chapter 58- Bitter truth

Annette's POV.

I tried to follow the rude girl but my eyes caught a girl smiling at me. The second I saw her my heart broke into million of pieces. She is so innocent and everyone calls me the innocent one and yet this girl is so pure. I am trained to kill people.

"Hi." I went over to greet the girl and she smiled at me. "I'm sorry, don't--." She interrupted me with sign language and I nod my head. "I didn't know you were mute."

She asked me to give her a book and a pen and I quickly gave it to her.

"I'm Alison Russo, Elijah's sister." She wrote and I nod my head.

"My mother told me about the Russo's but I never knew you were related to the Carsons." I don't even know why I am telling this girl the truth.

"Uncle doesn't like my Dad because my mother killed herself. I know one day they will forgive each other." I quickly read it and I smiled at her. "Do you love Elijah?"

"No." I snapped. "He is like a brother to me."

"I can see you love my brother so please look after him."

"You are mistaken. Elijah is my br--." She gave me two letters and I stopped talking.

"Tell him I said happy birthday and tell your mom, uncle missed her." She quickly left before I could say anything.

Mother always told me she was friends with the Russo's. She never told me there was something else going on between them.

*******

As soon as I got home I looked for my mother everywhere. I know she will tell me everything if I ask her about this.

"Mommy." I started and she turned to face me. "Alison's Uncle missed you."

"Who is Alison?" She questioned.

"The Russo family."

"I heard they are in New York but I didn't believe it. Why didn't Theo call me himself."

"You never told me you were very close with them." I mumbled and my mother walked to the living room.

"Ten years ago Alison's mother jumped from a high building. Alison was there and she watched her mother fall off the building at the age of nine. She lost her mother that day and Theo lost his baby sister. She was in her early twenties, Annette. That day so many lives got ruined. Benjamin lost his daughter Alison--."

"Mother is it his biological daughter?"

"No." She started. "He raised her like his own but something happened and Benjamin got the wrong news about Alison he thought she died so he cut ties with Mercy, Alison's mother." She continued. "The day Mercy died Theo broke his whole family in two. He asked me to choose between the Carson's and Russo but you know Sofia is like a mother to you so I refused to choose but he did it for me anyways." She added. "After Mercy's death none of us spoke to the Russo's. We became enemies that night. That is why I didn't want to ruin your life Annette. Why did you accept your grandfather's proposal without talking to me."

"I can't let so many lives get ruined mommy. If I can sacrifice myself for an entire family than I'm happy with it. Life is short mommy, I will die one day so why do I need a normal life."