Chapter 17

Abigail Hayes' POV

Last night was magical. The way Clive showed me that he loved me was perfect as it was and everything about his techniques was, well let me just say, incredible. I was breathless and panting on the ground as Clive draped my damp red cape over our entangled bodies. I was resting my head on his chest. He kissed my temple.

"Well, I must say, our makeup sex was the most incredible thing that happened to me after my reincarnation," he said as he was playing with my hair, smoothing them down my back. I smiled as I know it was true. He was the best thing that ever happened to me, even after all those years as we were separated from each other, and living in our hosts.

I bit my lips as I was taking a deep breath. "Darling?" I asked him as I looked at him. He looked at me, a lazy smile was plastered to his lips and his eyes were hooded as I can sense his cock was hitting my stomach, noticing me that he was eager for another round..

Not after 5 times in a row last night, I mused but I kept my smile hidden for I was happy that Clive wanted me all over again.

"Yes, my love?" he asked. I was getting up a bit from his chest as I was trying to look deeply into his eyes. The fire was burning slowly as the ember was warming us in the early morning in the Dark Forest. Clive rested his head over the tree that we laid together. I was afraid to speak my mind but this was our future that I was asking about. So, I took a deep breath and asked the probability of the future. Of us.

"Do you think we still have a chance? To be together?" I asked him as I let my red cape fall from my body, baring it to the world. His eyes were hooded as he was looking at my naked breasts that were near his face. I rolled my eyes at his short attention span but a smile was plastered to my face to show how please I was that he was looking at me and could not get enough.

"If I say so myself, my dear Abby, we have been together for as long as I can remember. I think we deserve proper union this time," he said as he got up as well before he hugged me, nuzzling my neck. I was thinking of the possibility that we could get married this time and that brought tears to my eyes. I never thought that Clive would want to marry me before after what Ariel boasted. "My love?" he asked me, sensing that I was not answering his proposal.

I blinked my eyes before any tear could leak. "Yes?" I replied to him as he was leaving a trail of fire from his kisses on my neck and jaws.

"I think I can never get enough of you, Abby," he said as he was pushing down on me. I giggled as he was being a caveman toward me right now. Not that I don't mind but I was horny as well. I was glad that he was making the first move onto me so that I don't have to do it.

I was staring at his handsome face, the face that has been haunting my dreams to get my revenge on. But how the wheels have turned for I was falling for Clive Thompson all over again like I did 500 years ago. I hooked my arms around his neck. "Well, in that case, why don't you just get on with it?" I said as he was on top of me.

His ruby eyes were shining with mischief underneath those thick, dark lashes. "With pleasure," he growled, smirking at me and we were in each other's arms again.

It was dawn when I felt the first ray of light, greeting us into a new day. A new hope. I stretched on the ground where I slept with Clive last night. I was looking for Clive as I reached for him beside me but he was not there for his spot was empty and cold, like my once frozen heart. I looked around the campsite that we set up but he was nowhere to be found. The ember from the fire last night was still hot after Clive replenished it but his clothes were gone from the makeshift suspension that I made.