Chapter 27

Alice Hughes' POV

I have been wanting to meet Connor after that night, the night when I first met him at the Halloween masquerade party. When I walked inside the apartment after he left, Nora asked me where I have been and when she saw his Aston Martin, she smirked at me with a meaning behind it. "So... you went out with the Connor O'Sullivan, huh?" she said slyly as I went to the bedroom to remove my makeup and costume.

I furrowed my eyebrows at my best friend. "I don't know what are you talking about," I said as I went to take my towels and went ahead for the bathroom before Nora stopped me at the door. She smirked at me before I rolled my eyes at her. "I had... a friendly chat with him, nothing more," I said. When I tried to walk past her, she blocked me again with all her body, covering the whole doorframe. I sighed over her overprotectiveness.

Nora narrowed her eyes. "Okay, I believe you but I don't believe that guy. He seems... off," she said before I took her hands off the doorframe.

"Whatever you say, Nora, whatever you say," I said as I went ahead, shoving my best friend away. Then, I locked the door and took a nice, relaxing shower to forget the best night that I ever had in my entire existence.

"Okay, but you have to tell me all about it. In detail!" Nora shouted before I just shook my head and went on to clean myself, rinsing all the grime and dirt that I accumulated. After my shower, I walked out of the bathroom and went to the vanity mirror. I looked at myself as I don't believe that I had ever gone on a date with a gorgeous man. Usually, when I walked by on campus, no one would dare to look my way. It's not I begged for attention but I just liked my life just the way it was.

"It's alright, Alice. You just need to be yourself and he will like you for who you are, which is more than expected I hope," I mumbled as I was calming my nerves. I don't know what came over me but I shook that thought away. I walked to the walk-in wardrobe as I went to wear my favorite pajamas tonight. I smiled, putting my towels in the dirty basket before I went out of the room.

Nora was out cold as she was laying on her bed, snoring loudly. I chuckled at her as I went to tuck myself in the bed as I was too exhausted to keep my eyes open anymore. "Good night, Nora," I said as I looked at the ceiling. Connor's face appeared in my mind. "Good night, Connor," I whispered, smiling as I closed my eyes. Sleep came to me easily before I heard something whispered into my ears.

"Good night, my love," a deep, sensual voice that was so soothing that I just fell asleep right away.

*****

I was standing in an unfamiliar room. I was with someone next to me. I don't know the other two who stood in front of me, a man and a woman, as they were holding hands. Then, there was a gorgeous blonde man that talked in a strange language that I don't understand. Then, those people in front of me were claimed by bright light and I was left with someone by my side. Then, I noticed another person in the same room. Female, I guessed for she was walking toward the person that spoke in the strange language earlier. She was dripping in laces and diamonds as her red hair was glossy and her green eyes were sparkling like emeralds.

"Now, it's your turn. Are you guys ready?" the gorgeous man asked as I can sense that he was directing the question toward me and the stranger beside me. I felt my head move as I nodded. The blonde man smiled. "Very well, have a safe dream, Alice," he said as he started to speak in the strange language again and when I opened my eyes, I was staring at the ceiling of my apartment. I got up from the bed and I saw Nora was brushing her hair in front of the vanity mirror.

She turned to look at me as her hand moved to brush her wavy hair. "About time, Alice in Wonderland. Come on, we need to go. We're going to be late if you don't get ready now," Nora said as I got out of bed. I forgot that we have a reservation at a very famous restaurant today. Nora's treating me for my 20th birthday.