Epilogue

Alice Hughes' POV

We went outside of the restaurant as people were laughing and cheering up. This family was sure happy and I would love to be a part of them. Someday.

"Ah, my dear and Alice. Come, come... come sit beside me," Connor's mother said as she was sitting on a bench in the backyard. Connor pulled me toward her. I was being all nervous and cracked up inside. I don't know if she would like me. But Connor told me she loved me. What if he just messing with me and his mother was not actually liked me? What if

"My dear, come sit here," she ushered me to sit beside her on the right. I obliged as Connor urged me to go there. I smiled at her as I took my seat.

"How are you, ma'am?" I asked politely as I was trying to be a good bride-to-be to her future mother-in-law. Not that I was faking or anything but I thought it would be best to show that I was a good girl.

"Oh, come on, Alice, my dear. We're about to be family. Of course, you need to call me mum," she said as Mrs. O'Sullivan was looking at me, warmth in her eyes. It eased me a little bit and I was being comfortable around her. "Look there, my dear. What do you see?" she asked me as she pointed at the sky. I looked up and there was an Orion and some stars that I don't recognize their shapes yet.

"Well, I only know Orion over there," I showed it to her. Mrs. O'Sullivan laughed at me. I was smiling at her before she took my hands into hers. It was the warmth that I have been looking for beside Connor's hands.

"And do you know about the story of Orion?" she asked me. I nodded as I was smiling at her.

"Yes! My father use to tell me the story about constellations when I was little and I always thought some of them are true," I said as I looked at Connor's mother. She was smiling as she patted my hands.

Then, she sighed. "You're lucky. Connor never had a father figure in his life so that's probably why he's such a sissy," his mother joked with me. I laughed before I looked at Connor. He just rolled his eyes at us before he smiled at his mother's joke. "Anyway, the reason why I call you today is that I saw something in my reading today. Lia got the same reading as well," she said sadly as she looked at Connor and me.

My fiancé stood up straighter. "What about it?" Connor asked. Mrs. O'Sullivan looked at him before she sighed.

"Well, it's hard to say but the balance of Order and Chaos is at stake. There are some dark forces that have been lurking around you guys. I don't know if it is because Alice has been awakened from that memory or perhaps... something bigger is happening here, more than we can handle, Connor," she said firmly as she stood up from her seat. "I need to go back to the Monster Realm," Connor's mother said before she looked at us.

Connor protested immediately. "But mum, you know the deal. The Lord of the Underworld would kill you if you ever step there again," he said as I was trying to understand their conversation. Mrs. O'Sullivan just smiled at her son before she looked at me and took my hands, pulling me to stand up. Then, she took Connor's hand and gripped it firmly.

"You guys have each other. And Lucifer only said it's you guys that cannot go to the Underworld. I, however, was excluded from the deal," she said before she sighed as she looked at her son's handsome face. "I want you to take care of your sister, Connor, and your bride. I know I can always count on you," she said as she kissed Connor's forehead. Then, she kissed my cheeks before she released our hands.

"Mum, please don't do this. You don't have to do this. If Da was alive—" Connor said, stopping mid-sentence as he stepped closer to stop his mother from doing something that he did not agree upon. But some invisible wall was trapping him from going any further toward her. I stood awkwardly behind my fiancé.