Chapter 21

Abigail Hayes' POV

I woke up, feeling like I had been running for miles. I was trying to get away from the dark energy that was chasing me. I fell to the ground, scraping my knees before the dark entity was in front of me. Pay or be paid! it said before it consumed me, taking me deeper into the abyss. I gasped. I opened my eyes and the first image that I saw was Clive's concerned face. Then, he sighed.

"My love, you're awake," he said with relief. I looked around my surrounding. I was laying down on a soft bed in an unfamiliar room. I blinked my eyes as I tried to get up from the bed before Clive stopped me, putting his hands on my shoulders. "Woah! Hold on. You're still weak. You need to rest, Abby," he said as he was helping me up to rest against the headboard. My head was spinning before I shook my head, rubbing my temples. It subdued but still there. I cleared my throat.

"Where am I?" I asked him before he handed me a glass of water. My throat was dried as the Sahara Desert and did not realize that I was parched for some liquid. I thanked him before I drank in one gulp. I finished in seconds before I gave him the empty glass, still wanting for more water. Clive refilled it for me as I gulped down again.

"We're in Connor's room back in Mortal Realm. His family will be home in a few minutes. We have to disappear and let our hosts loose," he said as he looked at me. I knew what that meant, by transforming, we need to get out of our hosts' bodies and disappear to the Underworld forever. I sighed. I don't think I lived my life to the fullest when I was alive 500 years.

There were so many things that I missed in my early days. For one, I wanted to get married and have children of my own with my darling Clive.

"What's wrong?" Clive asked me as he knew that I was uncomfortable about leaving my host. I fidgeted with my fingers before I looked at him. I sighed again. Clive took the glass from my hands before sitting on the bed. "Please, my love, if you don't tell me, I cannot help you," he said as he held my hands. I smiled at our intertwined hands. His hands were bigger and longer than mine. I felt like my hands were elves.

I looked at his handsome face, touching his cheek with one hand. "I don't think that living in someone else's body has made me wish that I have my life back. I never really thought I loved living so much before when all I ever had was my miserable life from my Aunt Ash. Then, I found you again," I said as a tear was trying to escape my eyes. I blinked before Clive was leaning closer.

"My love, don't say that. It would upset the balance of the realms," he said as he kissed my cheek to wipe away the tear. Then, Clive was leaning our foreheads together.

I sniffed. "I know, I know. Witchcraft 101. I don't mean to be bad as well. I just... I just hope that we have more time together," I said as I looked into his red eyes. He wished the same thing as me but I don't want to upset the balance of the Order and Chaos.

But someone was about to grant our wish to come true.

"I think I can help you with that," a voice came from the door. We both turned to look at who was it and it was none other than Lucifer, the Lord of the Underworld himself.

Clive got up from the bed. "Well, it looks like you've got what you wanted after all these years," Clive said as he went to Lucifer and shook his hand. I was bedridden and Clive forbid me to get up so I just smiled at him.

Lucifer smirked. "To be truthful, I can never be happy than that. I never thought I would be killing two birds with one stone," he said as he looked at me before he came to sit on the bed by my side. He put his hands over my body, scanning for those pain. He turned to Clive before my darling nodded his head, approved for Lucifer to heal me. "Here, let me help you ease with those," he said as he held my hands and he spoke his Word of Power or something in a language that I don't know. Maybe it's Latin but who speaks that language anymore? Suddenly, I felt my body as light as feathers. I sighed.