Chapter Four- The Ball

A/N:
Omg you guys have no idea how happy I am while typing out this chapter, because TAS is still climbing uppppp!!!! Eeeeeeeeeee!!! But anyways, there will be new characters introduced in this chapter, hope you like them haha:)

On the side is a picture of Evie's dress and the song "all of me" by John Legend<3

*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*

Chapter Four- The Ball

What is his problem?

That is my only thought as I stare at Maximus. He definitely has something up his ass. He is talking like as if we knew each other while this is only my first time meeting him.

"Er yea I suppose?" I replied uncertainly, instead of answering him, my answer came out more like a question instead. How embarrassing.

Grams grinned even wider, oblivious to the cold stare Maximus is giving me, "Alright then children! I'll leave you two, I've got other guests to entertain. I trust you guys to be safe ok?" She walked away laughing like as if she just told a really funny joke.

"What-" I spluttered as my face heat up in embarrassment.

"Oh don't get your panties in a twist, like as if I would do anything with you." He said with disgust. I glowered at that.

I know I'm not pretty and all, but does he have to be so blunt about it? Way to boost my self-esteem.

I scowled at him and he glared back at me with his arm crossed over his chest. After a while, I stomped off, unable to take his heated glare.

That guy has serious anger issues. What did I ever do to him. Sheesh.

I made my way towards Emma and Julianne. I see the both of them talking to guys. Emma is busy flirting her head off while Julianne is blushing like crazy.

At least some of us has better luck when it come to the opposite sex.

"Hey guys." I mumbled sulkily.

"Heyyyyy bestie!" Emma shouted. I raised my eyebrows at her behavior and she shrugged. She then turn to the guy she was flirting with and smile at him. "Brandon! This is my best friend Evelyn, Evelyn meet Brandon." She introduced, before whispering in my ear, "He's my soon-to-be boyfriend." I scoffed at that.

I shake hands with Brandon and smile politely at him when the sight of Emma swaying caught my attention. "Emma! Are you drunk already?" I shouted at her.

She giggled, "What me?" She pointed at herself, batting her eyes at me innocently. "Jeez Emma! Just how much did you drink?" I asked her, feeling annoyed.

"Ooooooohhhhh! Not much. Just thisssssss much." she slurred proudly as she open her arms wide to show me just how much she drank.

I sighed at the state Emma is in when an amused chuckle sounded beside us, confused, I turned around only to see the guy, Brandon smiling at Emma. I had almost forgot that he was there due to my concern for Emma. It was then that I got a good look at him. He has broad shoulders and light sandy brown hair, he is really good looking but he seriously needs to back off because Emma already has a boyfriend even though they may be having a tiff now.

"Emma, you should probably go to bed now." I told Emma gently.

"What whyyyy? I was having such a good timeeee!" She whined and pouted in dismay.

"Because you have too much to drink Emma, and you still have Michael." I whispered the last part.

"But I don't wanna go back. He is a jerk. Why does he do that to me?" She slurred as her lips trembled and her eyes filled with tears.