Chapter Nine- Suspicion

A/N:
I decided to update early even though I'm really busy. Can't believe holiday is ending soon and I still haven't finish my holiday homework. I'm so screwedD:

Anyways, hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas! Enjoy your holidays! And not to forget, enjoy this update!:D

Vote, comment and fan!!!:3

*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*

Chapter Nine- Suspicion

What Simona and I exchanged outside the changing room keeps repeating over and over in my head. I don't know why I am so curious. I don't even like the guy for God sake, so why the heck am I fussing over something that I shouldn't even give a second thought about?

I was in my room, with Emma and Julianne sitting on my bed, talking about boys. I totally zoned out half way during their conversation as my mind started wondering to the conversation I had with Simona again.

"Hey. What got you thinking so hard that you're this concentrated?" Emma asked as she snap her fingers in front of my face to get my attention.

"Yea. Do tell." Julianne said.

I look at them hesitantly, even though I know that they should at least know what's bothering me but I can't bring myself to say it. I just look at the both of them for a minute before looking away. It's not like I know the full story either, and I don't think that it's my place to tell them anyways.

"What's so important that you can't even tell me, your best friend?' Emma asked as a look of hurt and curiosity passed over her face.

"I don't know if I should say this but..." I said hesitantly.

"Continue. Don't keep us hanging here." Emma urged impatiently.

"Well... I think that Evelyn and Max have a past together and I don't think that this whole pretending-to-be-Evelyn idea is a good idea anymore." I said uneasily.

"They do?"

"No wonder he was at your throat the minute he saw you!"

Both Emma and Julianne said at the same time.

"And no, I don't think that it's a good idea, I think it's a great idea. Why would you think it's a bad idea?" Emma asked.

"I don't want to get caught in any of this unnecessary drama that is going on between them."

"But too bad, you have to. How are you going to get out of this mess now? It's been over a week since we arrive here and everyone thinks that you're the Evelyn Santiago. If you suddenly disappear, you know that grams is going to call the police once she finds out. You don't want to spent the rest of your life in prison do you?" Emma questioned with her eyebrows raised.

I sighed, "No I guess not. But I'm so worried! I really don't want to be caught in some drama. I've had enough drama for one year and I just want to relax and have some fun."

"Then have some! No one is stopping you!" Emma exclaimed.

"You know what? I think that Evie is right. We shouldn't make the situation even more complicated than it is. Maybe we should just make up some excuses and leave." Julianne said to Emma.

"What. So you're just going to leave now? What about Cole then?" Emma turn to look at Julianne in the eye.

"What about him?" Julianne said, feigning innocence.

"Don't play dumb with me. I know something is going on between the two of you. And I doubt you would want to leave when the romance between the two of you is just blooming. Am I right?" Emma challenged, daring Julianne to deny what she just said.