Chapter Ten- Being a bitch is harder than I thought

A/N:

It's finally a new year! Two weeks into my school and my work is overloaded. I tried my best and typed out this chapter with much difficulty because I just finished writing my script for my presentation, and now I'm sorta out of ideas. So please don't blame me for the poor written chapter. At least I updated:)

Vote and comment:D

-Yi En [excuse my mistakes because I haven't edit it😅]

*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*

Chapter Ten- Being a bitch is harder than I thought

The next day, I woke up super early, so early that when I open my eyes, the sight of a furious Madam Winterbottom is nowhere to be seen.

I laid in my bed for a while, just thinking about what will happen today. The encounter with Cole yesterday still gives me the chills. Cole seems like he knows something is not right and I cannot let him find out.

Since everyone expected me to be a bitch, then that is exactly what I will do today. Be a bitch, a high class bitch heiress. The thing is that I'm not worried about the fact that if I can be one, but I'm worried about how I can keep up with the act. I am really bad at lying. Really bad. I am the worse actor in this world, who can't even tell a white lie.

But I still got out of bed after making up my mind to try. I tiptoed down to the kitchen, preparing to grab something to eat before I put on the bitch act.

I saw a whole plate of chocolate croissants on the counter, one of my favorites, and walked right up to it. My stomach started to make weird weird noises as the delicious smell wafted up to my nose. There is just one thing I can't resist, food. I love food, to bits. I will always appreciate food. But for the past few weeks, I can't seem to enjoy my food due to all these unnecessary stress. From today onwards, I will never neglect my food, never.

Just as I was about to take one croissants, a voice rang out behind me, giving me a scare.

"Mademoiselle Santiago, I'm not sure it will be a good idea to take that croissant now. Your grams would likely throw a fit."

I whipped around with the croissant on one hand and the other over my pounding heart.

"Oh you gave me a scare." I said back to the man standing in front of me. He is most likely a chef seeing that he has a huge chef hat on his head.

"Sorry, my apologies Mademoiselle." He apologized with a 90 degrees bow, making me squirm in discomfort at the formality.

"Er... Can I just ask you something?" I said. "Yes Miss. Anything." He replied easily with a strong French accent.

"Er who are you?" I blurted out.

"Oh I'm sorry Mademoiselle, where are my manners. I am Alexander, the head chef of this house hold, but you can call me Alex, for short if you like." He explained.

I smiled at him as I studied him. He has a strong jaw, straight nose and a tall figure. Very confident of himself judging by the way he stands. And not to mention he is young, way too young to be the head chef.

"Are you pulling my leg or something? Because you look way too young to be the head chef." I asked lightly.

He laughed heartily, "Thank you Mademoiselle, I will take that as a compliment, although I am 40 this year, and I know my face told a whole different story."

"Really?!" I gasped. "You look like your only in your late twenties or early thirties! Never had I thought you would be 40! What facial care do you use?" I asked jokingly.