Protein shakes and embarrassment (chapter twelve)

*edited* if I didn't see anything though let me know in the comments!
********************************************

It was half-past six a week after the drunken incident my memory was a blurred mess but apparently, Liam told Julie that he was taking me back and she agreed since she had already had someone who was gonna take her home that night if you know what I mean (wiggles eyebrows suggestively).

And though I asked Liam if I had told him anything he just gave me a funny look so I didn't pry sensing it would be best to spare me the embarrassment of that whole night though Liam didn't bug me about being too innocent probably not wanting me to go over the edge and pull a stunt like I did a week ago.

We had also exchanged apologies about the incident knowing full well it was childish and if we wanted to live with each other we needed to get over it.

Though I admitted that it was mostly my fault but didn't go into detail why I had gone too far and he was right I was the one who initiated that situation so I had no right to blow a cork no matter what I said.

I had currently been working at my new job as a bartender at a restaurant in town and I had made good tips from it since the clientele was mainly older men with money to blow.

I was currently at home and about to leave for the grocery store with Liam I had said I could handle it and I wanted to go alone but I don't think people understand how persistent Liam is he was saying he had nothing better to do and he wasn't gonna let me go alone cause he wanted to be around my fine ass.

He promised to shut up with the perverted jokes if I let him go to the store with me though I knew that wouldn't stop him just make him momentarily stop until we got into the car and resort to giving me the eye while I made the grocery list.

Though he did let me take my car which made me happy and since it was my car I drove which made me even more eager to leave since I did enjoy driving as often as possible.

Once we got to the store I got my list out yes I was one of those people I had my things planned out and my calculator in hand before I went in wanting to knock out the task quickly since it was six and at its peak of customers.

Liam had ditched me for a few seconds then as I reached for the Lettuce he threw a giant box of fruit snacks in the cart also a $50 dollar protein mix container my eyes widened.

"What the fuck," I asked laughing a bit "No wonder why you look like freaking hulk" he turned to me grinning ear to ear looking like a child.

Before lifting his arm flexing and then kissing it before sending me a wink.

There goes the child aspect I laughed to myself before getting the rest of the produce Liam had left me again and I was wondering what he was gonna bring back next you never know with this guy.

Though when I saw him flirting up a girl who looked around the age we are I grinned to myself before taking the shopping cart and running with it in full force making sure not to run over the girl in the process.

Once I ran towards him before he could stop it the cart was running over his foot "ahhh fuck" he bent down before looking at me "lily!" He groaned I felt a pang of guilt for a second hoping he wasn't hurt too bad but then it left when I realized it wasn't like I wasn't gonna give him special treatment when we got home.

I put a scowl on my face selling the act "seriously, babe, I left you alone for five minutes and you have the audacity to cheat on your girlfriend of two years I listened to you I didn't judge you when you told me you had severe diarrhea that's right I bought you that ibuprofen and you repay me with this!" I screeched selling the act the girl's eyes immediately widened along with Liam's she dismissed herself quickly not waiting for a reply.

I bursted out laughing when she left "lily my toe is busted" he groaned "I don't have diarrhea" he muttered which made me laugh more.

He glared at me "I'm sorry I feel bad but when opportunity knocks to embarrass you I couldn't pass it up and come on you know damn well you're gonna get special treatment when we get back" I said looking at his toe then back up at his crystal blue eyes.

His lips tugged up into a smirk even though he was in pain "can I pick the type of special treatment" he waggled his eyebrows suggestively I giggled a bit before walking toward the next section "you wish Harns".

He only replied with an "I'm sure you would gladly take my suggestions Lily" he said confidently in what he said I playfully glared at him "why so confident" I asked.

"I'm sure you've got other things that are nice about you if ya know what I mean" he slurred in an overly girly voice before winking at me the cart stopped before I realized he was quoting me.

"Ahhh" I groaned hearing Liam laugh behind me "and you tell me this now" he grinned.

"I'm sorry lily I feel bad but when opportunity knocks to embarrass you I couldn't pass it up" he quoted me for the second time today before lifting his shoulders and holding in a smile.

And weirdly it made me feel warm inside that he paid so close attention to what I had said it showed he actually listened to me enough so he could repeat my words exactly the same.

A smile formed on my face before playfully shoving him "shut up you little shit head I won't feel comfortable letting you pick the special treatment if you keep embarrassing me" I giggled.

His grin fell and he eyed me hungrily my breath hitched from his stare but nevertheless I spoke up looking away for his eyes "I'm just joking idiot" I laughed before walking of with him on my tail.

The rest of the shopping trip Liam had a facial expression that practically screamed 'I know something you don't' but I ignored him quite sure he was thinking about my drunken night and I didn't really want to know what I did so I left it alone though I was sure Liam would mock me with it all in times to come so, for now, I just ignored it sparring me the embarrassment.

********************************************
1150 words

Yay, this chapter was a normal length I posted two days in a row!! Anyway, expect the next chapter to be out within a week tell then don't be a silent reader the more vocal support the quicker the next chapter will come out so make sure to.

COMMENT

VOTE

FOLLOW

Until next time love y'all❤️

********************************************
Hey guys sorry it's been over a week since I posted I'm working on a chapter but I've been working a lot and thanksgiving is tomorrow and I'm in charge of cooking.

I haven't forgotten about this book I was writing some of chapter thirteen yesterday night so the chapter will be out within the next couple of days I'm working on it I will post soon.

Okay, guys bye!