The L-word (chapter thirteen)

*edited* if I didn't see anything though let me know in the comments!
********************************************

It was 9:45 pm and I was almost off work 15 more minutes though I wasn't in too much of a hurry to leave I quite liked the job but lately I had found myself missing Liam.

So I thought being away from him longer would minimize that tingle in my gut that I was so often feeling do I poured the next guy his drink not sparing him a good look.

"Mojito" I announced his order sliding it over the table for him he shook his head in approval but only when he lifted his face I saw the familiar sickly grin of my father.

His hair was now gray and receding heavily to the point where he had no hair on the top of his head just the sides his face held loads of wrinkles and he had very obvious smile lines.

Which some people might confuse as a good thing but it wasn't they didn't know the fucked up things the man has done.

I stumbled back my whole body convulsing "GET HIM OUT!" I screamed at the top of my lungs everyone in the restaurant heard but I didn't care I needed him out.

I heard the deep chuckle that radiated all around my head over and over again my body hit the back wall knocking down two bottles of wine as well as my phone that was on silent nicely tucked away in my back pocket of my jeans on my way down I breathed.

In and out

1...2...3...4...5 I continued in my head over again but it didn't help I couldn't breathe I yelled at myself in my head I was making a scene how immature of me this is not professional.

I heard my manager trying to calm me down but it wasn't helping I had heard somebody mumble "call someone" but that's about all I got out of it.

A couple of minutes had past and I didn't hear my father anymore maybe not in reality but that didn't stop me from the flashbacks or his voice no it was on replay over and over again on repeat in my head.

I hadn't seen him in a couple of years so I had time to recover or so I thought I figured he was locked away In a jail somewhere but we all know what the government does to the wealthy.

A couple more minutes had past and I was still in the fetal position in the corner of the bar area hyperventilating "Lily" I heard Liam's voice sounding a bit out of breath next to me Tears were streaming down my face my body still shaking.

I felt Liam's hands reach under my knee and my back picking me up I heard him whisper to my manager that he's got me and something else but I didn't pay attention cause the overwhelming warmth and comfort was occupying my thoughts.

Soon enough I felt the heavy thumps that I knew where walking footsteps I felt safe now and my cries became softer and my breathing lighter I felt an overwhelming need for sleep so that's what I did soon enough my eyes became heavy and then well then there was just nothingness.

********************************************

I woke up laying on the sofa a warm blanket tucked around me filling me with a warmth I let my eyes adjust a bit and noticed it was dark outside still so then my eyes trailed to the clock on the microwave which said in bold blue blinking print 3:45 am.