Why! (chapter sixteen)

I looked up at the multi-layered condo that I lived in I hadn't taken much of a look before but there had to be at least 20 floors we lived in downtown Houston which explained why it was mid-December and I only needed a light coat.

Our apartment was on the fifteenth floor and had a mighty view looking over the city marbled countertops and white cabinet the place must have cost a fortune monthly I thought in my head maybe 3-5 grand a month which again lead me to believe how could Liam afford this place because I sure as hell didn't pay that much monthly.

It had a skyline pool on the rooftop accompanied by an office and lounge area that looked like it came straight out of one of a better homes catalog which I had never really visited since I moved in some time in October.

I had a spur of the moment idea which is why I was sitting down my legs dipped in the jacuzzi part of the pool bundled up in my coat if I had known there was a jacuzzi I definitely would have made use of it sooner but oh well.

I watched as the hot water fizzed to the top of the pool "you know what else is hot... stop" I said letting out a quick laugh to the water before laying fully on the ground underneath me and looking at the still grayish-blue sky it was still only about 3 pm so the sun was out it was a bit of a cloudy day but those were always my favorite.

I sighed thinking to myself I've got myself into some major mess and I don't know how to get myself out of it I can't really so I have to stand my ground though I would say that's a bit hard since you know I live with the man.

And then there is my father and that's where Liam comes in handy because well his six-pack speaks for itself.

Well that's quite shallow of me to say but it's true my father had a major bear belly his hair was grey he stood at around 5'9 so I was quite sure Liam could beat him to a pulp easily but Liam wasn't always gonna be there.

I had a big problem with lending on people too much I was technically an adult which I didn't really feel like I was but still Liam wouldn't always be there.

And my lease is up I'll probably have to move out and he'll just forget about me it hurt to say but honesty is better than living in a facade.

I pushed my self up from the floor and stood to my feet Making my way back to the apartment I started thinking about what Liam wanted to talk about as I opened up the apartment door.

I turned to find nobody in the living room I figured Liam was in his room so I made my way over to the door since I knew he wanted to talk to me.

My fist hit the hardwood door three times before stopping about fifteen seconds later Liam opened the bedroom door.

He had large rings under his eyes he looked tired as hell and I immediately felt a pang of guilt for keeping him up so late last night.

"oh my gosh Liam you look dead this is my fault I really sorry Liam " I gushed my hands shot up lightly pushing him back inside his room.

"No no I'm fine lily" he gripped my hands and pushed them away from his toned chest "it's not your fault trust me okay" he spoke softly but lightly positioned me outside his room I was curious as to why but disregarded it.

"And I do have to talk to you lily just-" he was cut off by a girls voice "Liam where did you go?" it came straight out of his room and my heart fell to the floor I knew I had no right to feel this way I had no claim over Liam he is a grown man and I have no right to stop him from sleeping with whoever he wanted too.

My shoulders dropped but once they did I quickly lifted them up so my posture was perfect plastered a smile on my face as if I wasn't on the brink of tears.

But despite my cover-up he noticed a weird look almost as if he were surprised by my reaction "lily..." he stopped not knowing what to say and how could he we weren't a thing we were just roommates and that's what made it all worse knowing that that's all we where.

"Oh, I see... I'll let you take care of yeah I think I'm gonna head out I'll see you" I said softly my feet backing up the facade was slowly crumbling down and I could feel the waterworks about to start so I quickly turned around grabbing my thing and heading to the door.

But not before I hear Liam speak again "lily wait no-" once again though I hear the girls voice "Liam who's that are you okay out there?" once again I stopped outside the door and I turned my face slightly to the side giving him a glimpse of my face then turned back to the door shoving my way through it letting the door fall heavily making a slam.

In all honesty, I didn't mean for that to happen but it all became a blur when the tears started falling I speed-walked back to my car getting inside letting everything fall out.

"Why I have no right!" I screamed I had no right to feel this way why does this happen no fucking right I breathed heavily I was pissed off at myself for letting myself like him I made a promise to myself and I didn't keep it and that's my fault.

But I gathered my breath calming myself down so I could think straight I rubbed away the tears quickly and breathed a deep sight.

I lifted up my phone getting an Uber to drop me off at the nearest bar where I intended to get piss drunk.

The Uber came and dropped me off at a place called THE KINGS I cringed at the name but nevertheless I walked inside seeing the well-dressed people red velvet walls and chocolate wood tables with booths the cushions matched the velvet on the walls and the bar was a masterpiece in itself with a wide range of alcohol and a very large very expensive looking chandelier the place was stunning in itself and I was glad I changed in my car into a black dress reapplied my make up and fixed my hair a bit I still didn't look good in fact I looked like I got the life drained out of me but I wasn't Turning back now especially because of the line I had to sit through making sure I was allowed into the swanky bar.

Which surprisingly enough I was shocker I made my way to the bar sitting on a vacant stool a guy who looked like he was in his late 20s approached me asking my name.

"Lily" I spoke dryly not trying to be rude but not in the mood for small talk I gave him a slight smile trying to not be rude but I think he got the point he smiled wiredly as he heard my name "ahh lily what would you like" he drawled and I wondered why he was acting like such a weirdo but ignored it.

For some reason he didn't ask for ID saying is was bosses orders under his breath which again I ignored but was thankful for he took my order and soon enough I was on my first drink a piña colada wondering why I'm such a little bitch as I take the first sip of the sweet drink.
******************************************

Hey, guys I finally wrote a new chapter for you I hope you enjoy it and comment if you find any mistakes which I'm sure are there I didn't really properly edit this because I'm quite drained after writing this but I hope y'all like this I'm feeling a bit better today and thought I would post for you guys thanks for being so patient with me and make sure too.

COMMENT

VOTE

FOLLOW

I love you guys and I'll see you next time❤️