|Chapter 17|

Shawn Mendes

I woke up feeling refreshed when a sudden warmth overcame me. I looked down to see Nat cuddled into my arms. What even happened last night?

All I remember is having thanksgiving dinner, playing games with our families and then falling asleep.. on Nat. Oh god she must've gotten so embarrassed in front of our families.

Slowly she began to wake up. When's she did, she looked up at me a smiled a small smile before stretching and getting out of bed. As soon as she left my arms a sudden sense of loss hit me.

"You feeling better shawn?" She asked me in her soft morning voice.

"A lot better. Thanks for taking care of me last night." I spoke gratefully.

"No problem." She yawned before walking into the bathroom to freshen up and change.

She came out of the bathroom 20 minutes later commute, her hair damp from a shower. She was dressed in a white top and blue plaid skirt with black stockings. She looked pretty cute. But she always did and she didn't even need to try.

"Are you feeling good enough to go out for a picnic?" She asked me as she ran a comb through her hair.

"Yeah, wanna go?" I asked her, excited to be able to spend time with her.

"Yeah. I'll make some muffins while you get ready and pack up some of the leftovers from last night too." She explained and I nodded before jumping towards the bathroom.

•••

"Okay, jeez we get it, you have muscles!" Nat shouted, aggravated and I laughed, flexing my biceps once more.

"You're lucky I didn't bring any tomatoes." She threatened.

Suddenly we heard the sound of bushes rustling, and flashes.

"Oh for gods sake." I rolled my eyes releasing the paparazzis had arrived.

"It does get really annoying real quick." Nat spoke, as she leaned back against a tree.

"Yeah, sorry." I apologised with another sigh.

"Why are you apologising? It's not like you asked them to follow you around and stuff their noses into your private life." She spoke softly, staring into my eyes. My heart fluttered, jumped, and skipped.

Jeez, that's how she made me feel.

Without thinking I leaned closer to her, placed a tot of hair behind her ear, and kissed her.

She didn't pull away and instead kissed back softly before we leaned away.

"Oh my god raspberries!" She squealed before I could say anything. She jumped up and pointed to a small stand in the park selling fresh raspberries.

"Let's go get some Shawn!" She exclaimed, pulling me off of my feet and dragging me to the stand.

We ended up coming back home with multiple boxes of raspberries and me with a confused state of mind.

•••

Wow okay so I'm sorry if this sloppy I'm updating this as I pull up to school. Wish me luck for today's confrontation guys 🥺🥺🥺

-Taylor💋