|Chapter 23|

Natalie Pierce Mendes

"So.. what now?" Emma asks me as I dig into my tub of icecream.

"I don't know." I mumble with my mouth full of the yummy goodness.

"I mean.. aren't you going to do something about this? You can't keep sitting here all your life, you have to tell him you reciprocate his feelings." Emma ranted, pausing the ongoing episode of friends.

"Well yeah.. but how am I supposed to confront him. Do I just show up at his house??" I ask, confused.

"Well. Yeah. It's your house too. You guys are married for gods sake." Emma held her head.

"Well I didn't really want him to believe that about a couple months ago so tell if it'll be fair." I answered, stabbing the icecream.

"Well geez, don't punish the icecream." Emma gasped.

The bell rang.

"I'll go get it." I sighed, getting up, leaving Emma to grab a spoon and begin to eat some of the icecream.

I opened the front door and all the breath was knocked out of me.

"Shawn." I mumbled.

Shawn standing there, his eyes a deep shade of red, his hair messy and ruffled. He was wearing the same shirt as a week ago. There were bags under his eyes

"I Uh.. brought you your stuff." He mumbled and wheeled forward a suitcase.

My suitcase.

With all of my clothes and belongings. Tears rose to my eyes.

"O-oh. Thanks." I whispered.

"Yeah." He shrugged before turning away and driving off.

"What's up, who was it?" Emma spoke, out of breath from running down the stairs.

I turned around and wheeled the suitcase in front of me. Emma's spoon dropped to the floor as she gasped in surprise.

"Shawn sent back all my stuff."

•••

"M-maybe he's mistaken." Emma stuttered as she handed me another Kleenex.

"Mistaken?! He practically handed me divorce papers by doing this!" I sobbed.

"We're done. We're over in his eyes." I sniffled, putting my head in my hands.

"No. Nat. You and Shawn aren't even close to over. He doesn't know you love him. He's just misunderstood. Make him understand." Emma spoke, running her hand up and down my back to soothe me.

"I don't know. I don't know how." I cried.

•••

Tell me somethingggg
but say it with your hands slowwwww

Show your demonsssss and I might show u miiiiineeeeee
:)

-Taylor💋