Oᴄᴛᴏʙᴇʀ 18ᴛʜ 2004

twobits-

Johnny continued eating his fries as Dally sat awkwardly next to him, he wanted to say something to Johnny but the whole gang would catch on, Johnny was straight (in Dally's eyes anyways), and who would be crazy enough to fall in love with Dallas Winston? Dallas Winston the guy who jumps kids for fun, rolls drunks, gets drunk, has cheated on his girlfriend many times, Dallas Winston who had a record with the fuzz longer than the dictionary. Dallas Winston who was a terrible person.

"Hey Dally how are you and Sylvia doing?" Steve asked with a mouth full, snapping Dally out of his thoughts "Close your mouth" he heard Darry scold Steve who mocked him in return, "Eh good I guess. Thinking of breaking things off with her." Johnnys heart leaped and he had to bite his bottom lip to prevent a smile from coming out. Pony eyed him and Johnny kicked him before he could open his mouth.

The gang continued eating their food as they talked, "There's a party at Bucks, nothing new, you guys wanna come with me?" Everyone but Darry nodded, Darry was too busy to ever go to party, "I have a day off and want to catch some sleep."
"Are you an—" Darry cut Soda off, "So I'm probably going to stay home alone." Soda pouted. We all nodded ,"Can I go?" Pony asked Darry, who nodded "Just don't turn into Two bit or Dally and it's fine." Pony nodded and smiled.

They all talked about where they were going to meet before the party and eventually agreed on the Curtis house. Every time Johnny spoke he stuttered mid sentence everyone but Dally didn't know why but shrugged it off. Dally knew perfectly well though, every time Johnny spoke Dally would wither brush is hand against Johnnys hand, their knees would brush or Dally would put his hand on Johnnys knee and it drove Johnny insane.
"Johnny do you still have that copy of Gone with the Wind?" Ponyboy asked Johnny. Before Johnny could respond he felt the hand that was on his knees move a bit higher, "Y-Yeah," He finally responded. "Cool, is it alright if I borrow it?" And higher,
"Yeah su-" and higher "su-sure." And higher. Ponyboy looked at him weirdly before continuing to talk with Two bit. Johnny quickly turned to look at Dally who was already looking at him, "Anything I can help you with?" Dally asked, innocently
"Your hand." Johnny responded. Dally just moved it higher, tightening his grip on his thigh making Johnny gasp silently, "What about it?" Dally whispered in Johnnys ears slightly biting it. Johnny gasped once more.
"I-"
"You what?"
"N-n-nothing"
"That's what I thought."