Chapter 12: Alastor Takes A Walk

It had been five months since the wedding. Everything was perfect except for one thing. Angel and Alastor couldn't have a child. Of course they couldn't, they were both males. They had known they wouldn't be able to have a child, but that doesn't mean it didn't hurt. Alastor had even walked in on Angel crying about it. That is why Alastor was now walking around the block and back.

"We're happy aren't we?" Alastor whispered to himself. "We can be happy without a child of our own." Alastor failed at fooling himself. Alastor could not deny that he also wished that he and Angel could have a child to raise.

Alastor started to walk back to the hotel, and that's when he heard it. He had walked in front of an alley and stopped dead when he heard the infants cry. Alastor turned to see a demon hunching over a box where the baby's cries echoed. Alastor realized this demon meant to eat the baby.

With great stealth, Alastor ran up behind the demon, raised his cane, and then wacked the demon's head straight off. A streak of scarlet splattered on Al's face and suit. As soon as the blood touched him, Alastor heard familiar voices in his head.

"Kill, devour, torture, mutilate, murder." Alastor's eyes became radio dials for a moment, but the baby let out another cry that brought his sanity back. Alastor wiped the blood off of his face with his sleeve and peered into the box.

The baby was a girl. This baby had obviously been born in hell and then abandoned. Her skin was a beautiful shade of Ebony and her hair was like violet silk. She had pure black wings and a matching tail that was as thin as thread with a heart at the end. She also had horns that curled on the sides of her head, like a goats. Her eyes were stunning. They were like silver dollars.

"Hello little one." Alastor gently picked up the baby. She wore a little blue dress. She had no shoes and was filthy,but Alastor didn't care. He continued to hold her close, letting her drool in his shoulder. She let out a little giggle that made Alastor's heart melt. He knew instantly that he would keep her and protect her forever.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Angel came downstairs to everyone crowded around Alastor, who sat on the couch. He appeared to be holding something. Angel walked over.

"Hey babe, what you got-" Angel's eyes widened when he saw Alastor bottle feeding the demon baby. She was so beautiful. When the baby saw Angel, she pointed and giggled. Everyone let out an "Awww."

"Hehe." Alastor smiled. "I have a baby." Charlie pipped up.

"He saved her from a cannibal." Charlie didn't even seem a little upset that Alastor killed the cannibal. She was to focused on the baby. Angel sat next to his husband.

"Can I hold her?" He had a hopeful look. Alastor didn't even have to answer because the baby flapped her wings and sat in Angel's lap. She giggled as she places her tiny hands on either side of his face. Angel knew he could never let her go. Angel cradled her in all four arms.

"We're keeping her." Angel and Alastor said in union.

"What are you guys gonna name her?" Vaggie's asked.

"How about....." Angel trailed off.

"Ashley Kuu." Alastor finished. Husker gave Al a sideways glance.

"What the fuck is Kuu?"

"It's another name for the moon. I thought it was suiting because her eyes remind me of the moon." Alastor explained. They all nodded in understanding. Ashley Kuu laughed.

"I think she likes it." Angel said. And so began Angel and Alastor's adventure into the wonders of parenthood.