Chapter 15: Protective Dad

Alastor didn't like this new "friend" of Ashley's. He didn't like him one bit. He got a bad vibe from the kid.

"Who knows what he might do to Ashley Kuu!" Alastor stated as he paced around his and Angel's room. Angel was doing his best not to laugh.

"What if he's a pervert? What if he tries to extort her? What if he's on drugs?" Alastor went on for another ten minutes. When he finished, Angel burst out laughing

"Oh Al." Ang gasped through weezes. "You're so protective it's funny!" Angel let out another laugh.

"Angel..." Alastor blushed as he always did when Angel teazed him. Angel walked over and tickled Alastor's ears.

"It's okay, Al. Ashley knows how to take care of herself. That boy won't be able to do anything bad to her. Besides," Angel placed a hand on Alastor's cheek. "she needs some friends." Al leaned into the touch a bit.

"Maybe I am overexaderating a bit." Alastor gave his usual smile. "I just don't want her to get hurt."

"I don't either, Al." Angel gave Alastor a kiss. "Besides, if he does do anything to hurt her," Angel's smile went vicious and his eyes narrowed. "we'll kill him." Alastor matched the look.

"I love your mind." He gave Angel another kiss.

"I know you do." Angel smiled back. "That's why you married me."

-----------------------------------------------------------

"So you have never been outside the hotel?" Agni was shocked. He and Ashley had been friends for a month, but he never noticed that she never left the hotel.

"Nope. Not since my dads adopted me." Ashley Kuu took a bite from her sandwich. "I've never had to leave."

"Still though. It's surprising." He took a bite of his sandwich. Agni loved Ashley's sandwiches. He realized his was all gone. Ashley was looking away from her sandwich. He leaned down and snagged a bite. He sat up right again. Ashley wiped her head back and looked at her sandwich in slight annoyance.

"Did you just eat my sandwich?"

"Nu." Agni's mouth was full. Ashley smiled and set her sandwich down as Agni swallowed his bite.

"So that's how it is. Well bite this!" She lunged at Agni, tackling him to the floor in the small closet room.

"Ah! Hey, not fair!" Agni found himself pinned under her. Ashley let out a giggle. They were nose to nose.

"Next time don't steal my sandwich." She giggled again. Agni's heart thumped in his chest. She was so close to him that she could feel her breath. He swore he could feel her heartbeat to. It felt like a light, but speedy thumping. They stayed in that position for a moment, feels each other's warm breath and their heart beats. For a moment, Agni thought she'd kiss him, but she pulled off of him and let him up.

"So," Ashley blushed a bit. "wanna show me around town? You know, since I've never gone outside." Agni thought about it for a moment.

"Sure. I don't see why not." He knew the perfect place to take her. One place she'd really enjoy.