[2]

Chic sat in a jail cell, her hand on her stomach, wishing she was dead. "They're so dumb." Chic whispered, pulling fake lipstick off her belt. The top came off and revealed a little taser. Chic smirked. "Help me! Someone!" Chic yelled. Turk speed-walked over to the cell. "What's wrong?" Turk was semi-concerned about Chic. Chic rammed the taser into Turk's chest, almost getting her hand stuck between the bars. Turk fell to the ground, his fingers twitching. She reached for Turk's belt and ripped the key card off. She tapped the lock with it and quietly left her cell. She looked at Turk, smiling. She heard somebody coming around the corner. She snatched Turk's pistol and aimed forward. Right as someone came around the corner, Chic pulled the trigger. The bullet flew right by Rippley's head. Rippley screeched, frightened. Chic quickly ran to the nearest exit she could find and used the key card to opened the door. She shot the card reader and the door closed, almost chopping her hand off. Chic ran as far as she could and hid behind some bushes. She panted heavily. She closed her eyes, hoping someone on her side would find her. She hoped Riptide would find her so they could plan an attack or maybe Scratch could find her so she could embrace him and share how much she loved him.

**********

Turk woke up in the medical bay. He stared down at his chest, tired. There was a black mark surrounded by red from where Chic tased him. He felt like an idiot, not searching her. He pulled his phone out of pocket and checked the time. It was night, but it was two days later.

"Shit!" Turk whispered, sitting up. A.L.T.E.R probably created a plan to attack by now. Turk got out of the medical bay and stumbled down as a massive vibration shook the entire building. Turk heard booms above him, outside. He rushed to the stairs. The alarms went off. He made his way up the dark stairs. Once he got up, he saw chaos. The building was ruined and people were shooting at eachother. A.L.T.E.R, E.G.O, and random fighters were all in a giant dual. Turk stumbled around the now destroyed E.G.O headquarters. He spotted Remedy hiding behind some debris. Turk couldn't tell if she was alive. He walked over to her and slumped down next to her. He noticed her hyperventilating. She had her hand covering a bleeding wound on her side. Would this day be the end of E.G.O?

"We're gonna die here. Aren't we?" Remedy asked. "I don't even have enough resources to help anyone now. I don't have a gun either. I'm just useless."

"No you aren't." A voice said. Remedy and Turk looked up to see a man with pale white skin. He hand neat hair and he wore a fancy black vest with a white shirt under. The shirt's sleeves were rolled up, showing golden tattoos on both arms. That all had a small line, leading from his hands which were completely gold. "My name is Midas. I will need all the help I can get." He said, tossing Remedy a pistol and giving Turk a shotgun. "Let's go." Midas said. They all headed out of their cover and began shooting at all the members of Alter. Remedy noticed a big cat with a human body attacking Alter henchmen. She decided not to question that ever. Remedy shot at all the Alter henchmen she could see. She froze as Scratch started to approach them. Scratch pulled the blades out of their holsters.

"Oh shit." Turk said.

"What's so special about him?" Midas asked.

"You have no idea. Just be very careful." Turk shot at Scratch. He just deflected it with one of his blades. Scratch started to pick up speed and then he started running towards them. First he slashed at Remedy, only cutting her shoulder armor. Remedy, stumbled back, her heart beating like crazy. She let out a sigh of relief, noticing no blood. Scratch lunged towards Turk and slashed his leg with both blades. "Gah!" Turk cried out, falling to his knee. Scratch then went for Midas, but before Scratch was able to attack, Remedy shot him in the back of the head, Scratch fell over. Remedy shot two more times. Scratch's helmet was completely cracked. It wasn't as strong as everyone thought. Scratch stood up wobbly and noticed the damage. As fast as he could, he escaped out of there.

"He left his weapons behind for some reason." Midas said, picking up one of the blades. Remedy turned back to see even more henchmen.

"Something's off. How come Scratch is the only actual Alter member here. Where's Toxin, Riptide, Chic, or maybe even a couple of Sludges?" Remedy asked. Just as she said that, Cameo and Rippley came running towards them. They looked like they've hadn't had a shower for ages.

"We were outside fighting, but we discovered something." Cameo said, gasping for breath. She sat down. Rippley took Cameo's phone and showed everyone the pictures. He made a frightened noise. Something was in the sky, very clearly a missile, and it sure didn't belong to Ego.

"Oh shit." Midas said. "Everyone get out!" He yelled. They all rushed out of the building. That big cat followed. After the cat came out, three more people followed.

"Who are they?" Turk whispered.

"I'll tell you later, we need to run." Midas said. As they were running. They heard a loud noise. Sounded like a thruster. Remedy looked back and saw the missile in the sky. It was coming straight down. She turned foward and didn't look back again. Soon enough. BOOM. The missle hit the HQ, going through the roof and exploding inside, destroying everything in it. The shockwave almost knocked everyone to the ground. Alter is showing Ego who the alpha is.