[17]

At the EGO HQ, the EGO leaders and Ghost henchmen were celebrating ALTER's long awaited defeat.

"...We finally did it everyone. ALTER is gone! We had some tough times, we had to make some hard decisions. Well, I sure did. I'm proud of you guys. The way I see. I didn't take down Oro. I didn't take down ALTER. We all did. Together. Every single one of us contributed to the end of ALTER. There's also one thing I've been meaning to say. To me, you guys aren't my colleagues. You've never been my colleagues. To me, you guys are much more. To me, you're more than my friends. To me, you guys are my family, and I wouldn't do anything to change that." Midas smiled. "To EGO!" He raised his glass of wine.

"To EGO!" The others called out.

**********

Weeks later, the Fortilla was rebuilt. It would be their new HQ once again. They decided eventually they would rebuild the Authority and return it to its previous state, the Agency. As the water level went down through the weeks, a giant Atlantis type area was discovered. Of course, the people on the island decided to give it a catchy name. Coral Castle.

Drift, Brite Bomber, Fishstick, Crackshot, and Dark Bomber were heading to check out Coral Castle for the first time. They were about to head into a small forest. On the other side would be their destination. They passed by an old encampment that seemed like it was about to crumble with one touch, but how could it be old? The area was only recently uncovered by the water. They didn't worry about it too much, and almost as soon as they entered the forest, they got out. Coral Castle was amazing. The people were having a blast looting it and checking it out. Those little squishy jelly creatures were littered throughout the place. Three of them hobbled over to Fishstick and started to sing. The jelly creatures warmed his heart. Everyone branched off to explore different parts of the area. Coral Castle was a massive reef. Brite Bomber looked at all the plant life more carefully. Trees made from coral were present alongside bushes. Weird, but intriguing. Sadly, the fun was ended quickly. Loud crackling came from the sky. Almost everyone at Coral Castle looked up. They watched as a massive rift started opening above Coral Castle and it's neighboring locations. A meteor shot out.

"Marauders." Drift whispered, loading his assault rifle.

But to everyone's surprise, two more meteors shot out. And then three more, and then four more. Once the last one came out, there was about twenty meteors. Soon, the island would be a warzone.

"We need to get out of here." Drift said.

"Hey, guys! Let's go!" Brite Bomber called to the others.

Drift, Brite Bomber, Crackshot, Dark Bomber, and Fishstick were grouped up again and were getting the hell out of there. Guns were going off. More shots fired at once than they could remember. A bullet whizzed passed Crackshot's head, taunting him to speed up. They ran passed that old camp in the forest again. Quickly, they noticed that Marauders were guarding the forest.

"Shit!" Drift whispered.

The group all took cover. Behind trees, in a tent, staying low to the ground, etc.

"Hey, over here!" A voice called.

The group followed the voice into one of the shacks. It was bigger than the others and it was linked to two tents. It was most likely used as a main area. Inside the shack was a woman. She wore a golden dress tipped with various colors. Various leaves also decorated her shining dress. She also had a beautiful flower tucked into her hair.

"You guys are lucky those marauders didn't see you. My name's Kalia by the way." The woman said. "You guys can introduce yourselves later."

Kalia brought the group inside.

"Why does the place look so old and worn out on the outside, but looks nice on the inside?" Dark Bomber asked.

"To make people think less of the place. It makes travelers think the place has already been looted and has nothing to offer. Most people take the bait and just walk passed." Kalia replied.

After satisfied with Kalia's answer, Dark Bomber spaced herself from the others by heading into one of the tents. In the tent was some gear like med-kits, bandages, and a worn out bandage bazooka. Next to the tools, was a person. Sort of. His name was Axo. He was part axolotl and part human. He was sleeping next to the gear. He had a bunch of bandages wrapped around his arms, feet, and one of his legs. Must've been injured pretty badly. Dark Bomber unzipped one of the tent's windows slightly. She saw that the marauders were still outside. And then, she saw somebody creeping through the woods.

Oh no. She thought.

The person she watched slowly crept out of the woods and ran passed the marauders. As predicted, a marauder turned around. He yelled something in an alien language and gunned that person down. The person fell back against a rock. The marauder put one more bullet into the person's skull.

"Huh? Who are you?" A tired voice asked from behind Dark Bomber.

"Dark Bomber. Your friend, Kalia let me and my friends stay here for a bit until the marauders are gone. Dark Bomber said.

"Oh ok, my name's Axo." Axo replied.

Axo's body ached a little as he shimmied over next to Dark Bomber, he stared out the tent's window with her and they noticed more people trying to sneak out.

"Oh god, they're toast." Axo moaned.

Dark Bomber didn't reply. The two watched those people run out, but they were gunned down too. Dark Bomber zipped the window shut again and sat back. Dark Bomber gave Axo a quick glance.

"You're a little cute." She smiled.

Axo unknowingly blushed, as he sat back, looking at his bandaged wounds.

"Well, we might be here for awhile so we might aswell get to know eachother." Dark Bomber said.

She scooched over to Axo, awaiting a reply.