[18]

The marauders had set up camp outside the forest. If Kalia made a camp fire, the marauders would see, so the group had to sleep in the cold. Why were the marauders guarding the area. There had to be somebody inside of Coral Castle that they wanted.

Axo shivered in the tent. He was able to see a faint orange glow through the tent. He wished he could feel that heay without getting gunned down. He looked over to Dark Bomber, she was wide awake on her phone. She didn't seem to be cold whatsoever. Well, it did make Axo a little warmer inside, knowing that if anything bad happened, Dark Bomber would protect him. He placed his hand on Dark Bomber's boot and shut his eyes.

Drift loaded all the weapons they had and set them down. The group needed to be prepared if the marauders started snooping around the campsite. Drift opened one of the tent's windows slowly and looked outside to see a few tents, log chairs, and of course, the campfire. Drift noticed that one of the tents seemed to have a lantern or some type of light source in it. The light source casted a shadow of what was going on inside the tent against the tent wall. It appeared that two marauders were getting at it. The image of a baby marauder wearing a wendigo skull mask popped up in Drifts head. He chuckled, zipping the window back up.

"How many marauders are there?" Kalia whispered.

"Five. We need to attack before the others arrive." Drift replied.

"We can easily take them." Brite Bomber chimed in.

"Okay, later tonight when they're asleep, Brite Bomber and I will take the shotguns. Drift, you will take the assault rifle."

Drift nodded and sat back. There had to be a reason those marauders were guarding the forest.

The time had come. It was about two hours later. 2 AM and it was a good enough time to strike. The other marauders hadn't come back yet, and the ones at that small camp were all sleeping, thinking some other marauders somewhere were standing guard.

"Now!" Kalia whispered.

Brite Bomber and Kalia readied their shotguns. Drift aimed his assault rifle which thankfully had a silencer on it.

"Get the tent." Kalia whispered.

Drift shot the tent four times, killing the two marauders who were having a great time earlier. Kalia and Brite Bomber quickly executed the rest. That was it. Axo hurried out of one of the tents.

"Was that it?" Axo asked.

"Theres more coming, they could be here any-" Kalia was cut off by gunfire.

A bullet hit Axo's shoulder. He cried out in pain as he fell to the ground.

"Oh shit, we could've alerted a ton of marauders!" Brite Bomber said.

"Get him out of here!" Drift said, gunning down the incoming marauders.

Kalia and Brite Bomber rushed Axo inside the tents. Brite Bomber looked back at Drift, knowing he couldn't take on all of them. A bullet hit Drift's shoulder. He grunted, but kept on shooting. He was shot in the arm, then the leg, and finally, the stomach before he fell on his back. He heard shotgun blasts and then he slowly blacked out.

He finally woke up. He placed his hand on his aching head. He quickly noticed that he was naked in a bathtub filled with slurp juice.

"A-Are we at home?" Drift stuttered.

"Nope. Inside Coral Castle. We used that stone container as a tub for you. The tub was smooth enough for you to be comfortable inside." Kalia replied.

Drift was getting deja vu as touched his healed wounds. Kalia tossed a towel towards Drift. He caught it and wrapped it around his waist as he got out of the tub.