[3]

Midas lead everyone to the small little island in the middle of the island.

"This is your new HQ." Midas said.

"That dumb, little shack? Do you even have any good tech in there that'll even help us one tiny bit?" Turk complained.

"You're so spoiled." Cameo said.

"I'm actually fine with it." Remedy said.

"Well, I hope you're fine with something a little different." Midas replied, pulling something out of his pocket. He pressed a button and everything around the cabin started getting distorted. Suddenly. A giant wall shot up, alongside the rest of a busing. It was a giant building that had a cloaking device on it. Rippley was mesmerized but the way the fountains shot water up and then came back down in a pattern.

"Is this better, Turk?" Remedy asked, smirking.

"Hell yea." Turk replied. The doors opened automatically for Midas. They all headed inside. The door closed, then locked once they were all inside.

"Mind if we all introduce eachother, now?" Cameo asked.

"Oh yes. My name is Midas. Ever heard of King Midas? I'm like him but not everything I touch turns to gold. I haven't figured out what does and does not change. That guy behind me is a hybrid between a cat and a human. Don't let his size frighten you though, he's very cuddly. His name is Meowscles." Midas said. Meowscles meowed.

"My name is Skye." The youngest of the group said. She brushed her hair out of her face. She was childish and definitely the youngest of the group. She was probably sixteen or seventeen at most. She headed back to Meowscles and pat his head.

"My name is Tina. You can call me TNTina if you'd like." The other woman said. She was sort of like a big sister to Skye.

"Call me Brutus." The last person said. He was tall and he always wore sunglasses. He didn't say anything after that. After everyone introduced eachother, they all headed inside. They all went up the big elevator. Once they reached the top floor, Midas stepped out first. There was a giant room with a table in the middle that showed holographic images all over it. Around the table was exactly enough seats for all of EGO. There were already a few people at the table. Journey was there, she smirked at the sight of her fellow EGO members. Lynx was there too, she was the one who helped Midas take care of Meowscles. Lynch's mask retreated into her suit. The last person who was already there was Peely. An anthropomorphic banana. He was wearing a suit and was staring at a bunch of holographic folders. Remedy and the others decided not to question. They all sat in open seats, while Midas sat in his golden swivel chair. He rolled it closer to the table.

"Welcome to the agency, everyone. Today is the day that EGO has peaked in power. Just look around you, do any of you think ALTER stands a chance against us!? Tomorrow we prove our power and attack ALTER, I suggest we all get training for the big night." Midas explained.

He then spun his chair around slowly, then got out. He looked at all the EGO members in their seats.

"Remedy, Lynx. How about you do some gun training with me, you need to learn a lot, Lynx, because if I didn't charge your suit from here, you would've been dead." Midas tossed a golden pistol to Lynx. Lynx caught it. She got out of her seat and followed Midas to the elevator. Once they were in the elevator, Midas pressed the button leading to the basement. He handed Remedy a pistol as the elevator descended.

"What are the others going to do?" Remedy asked.

"Oh, they're going to help us spy on ALTER's base." Midas replied.

Lynx didn't say anything. She was pissed off at Midas. She's trained with him everyday this week. It's always the same reason, when she fails and needs help, once they train, Midas always says,

"You would've been dead without me."

To Lynx, Midas was very annoying, but he was such a nice guy, she couldn't stay mad with him forever. The elevator doors opened and ahead of them was the training room.

"Come with me." Midas said. Remedy and Lynx followed. Across from a small barrier were a few dummies. "I'm guessing you already know what to do. Just shoot them as much as you'd like." Midas told Remedy. He brought Lynx somewhere else in the training room. Lynx aimed at the dummy ahead of her, but then paused, lowering her gun.

"Why do you keep trying?" Lynx asked.

"What?" Midas replied.

"You keep trying to get me to improve, but as you can see, it doesn't work."

"Well, just try your hardest. I really do believe in you."

Lynx didn't want to hear anymore of what Midas had to say, shooting the dummy three times. All shots hit. Midas smirked, heading over to Remedy.

**********

AT ALTER HQ

Chic sat on a beanbag chair, playing with a butterfly knife.

"Scratch, when's this 'new guy' coming? It's been ages since you told us." Chic complained.

"Don't worry. He'll be arriving very, very soon." Scratch replied.

A few minutes after. The door opened. Scratch and Chic looked to see Toxin with the new guy. He was a golden skeleton with ripped, raggedy clothing. He wore a crown on top of his smooth head. There was also a scar on his right eye. It was almost as he created a faint gold aura around the room.

"You're Oro, right?" Scratch asked.

"Yes, and I didn't apply to be some random henchman. I'm going to be your leader." Oro replied in his raspy voice.

"Fight us for that position."

"Fine, an easy win for me."