[5]

All the members of EGO were in the back of a plane they were closing in on ALTER's base fast. The sound of thunder alongside the sounds from the rain that poured on the plane made the team feel anxious. The sound of whirring and a quiet thud signalled they landed. All the EGO members rushed out of the plane armed with weapons. Remedy carefully lugged her bandage bazooka out of the plane's cargo. Midas walked by, placing his hand on the bandage bazooka. It quickly turned gold. Midas smirked as he helped Remedy get it out of the plane. The heavy amounts of rain poured all over everyone's heads. Meowscles broke a window and hopped in. Once the all broke in, they descended down into the actual base. Henchmen stood guard around the base. Meowscles pounced on one while Rippley took down another. Cameo shot one on the back of the head with a silenced pistol. The room was cleared. They all rushed through and empty hall and found an elevator. Rippley, Cameo, Journey, Meowscles, and Skye took the elevator while Midas, Remedy, Turk, TNTina, and Brutus went another way. They all entered a big room that was most likely a training room. In the middle was Scratch and three henchmen.

"That's it!?" TNTina asked.

Scratch pointed at them. The henchmen aimed their guns at the group. The group scattered and aimed their guns at the henchmen. Both sides opened fire. Looked like the henchmen weren't skilled enough. The three of them were killed. Scratch's blades materialized.

"This'll be one hell of a fight for me." Scratch said.

Scratch rushed at the group of EGO members slashing violently and randomly with some strategy. He hopped onto the wall and quickly off. He cut the tip off of Turk's gun and kicked him to the ground. He quickly ran to Brutus and slashed his leg, causing Brutus to fall on one knee. Scratch zipped behind Brutus and stabbed him in the back with both blades.

"No!" TNTina yelled, rushing at Scratch angrily.

Scratch grabbed TNTina by the arm and forced her into the ground. Midas shot Scratch in the back of the head, causing Scratch's helmet to blast off and almost knocking Scratch over. Scratch paused taking in deep breaths. He slowly turned around, looking at Remedy.

"8-Ball?" Remedy whimpered, dropping the bandage bazooka.

Remedy was shaking, holding back tears. Scratch walked over to Remedy. Scratch's black, messy hair and the dark circles under his eyes stood out from his white suit. He placed a hand on Remedy's cheek.

"I'm sorry." He said.

Remedy was smart enough to notice, she grabbed Scratch's other hand. Scratch was trying to stab her. Remedy punched Scratch in the face, knocking him to the ground. Remedy picked up her bandage bazooka and shot at Brutus, healing his wounds.

"L-let's go." Remedy said shakily.

The EGO members exited the room. Scratch looked over to his dead henchmen, laying in a pool of blood. He placed his finger on his earpiece.

"Oro, they're headed to hall b." Scratch informed.

The EGO members made it through the building and eventually met up with the other team, they turned a corner and standing in another big room was Toxin, Chic, and Oro.

"A bunch of ALTER idiots in a big room. Deja vu, am I right?" TNTina said.

"We are not who you think we are!" Oro hissed placing his hand on the ground.

The entire room turned gold in a matter of seconds. Midas stood back in shock. Toxin's axe started glowing green while Chic loaded her dual pistols.

"Fight!" Chic yelled, shooting at the EGO members.

Her bullets just grazed Rippley's shoulder. Toxin swung her axe at Meowscles but Meowscles pounced on her.

"Enough." Oro said.

Golden platforms ripped from the ground and quickly raised all the EGO members up. Riptide arrived to the scene with Hazard, helping Scratch.

"Woah." Riptide whispered.

Midas stared down from the platform at Oro.

He has the golden touch, too? Midas thought.

Midas placed his hands on the platform and concentrated. Suddenly, the platform rumbled and slowly sank to the ground, once at a safe height, Midas jumped off, grabbing his gun. He shot Toxin in the hip, knocking her to the ground. He shot Chic in the stomach, making her fall backwards. Midas quickly pulled a device out of his pocket. He created a distress signal. He pushed it back in his pocket and aimed his gun at Oro.

"Shoot and they all die." Oro said.

Midas slowly lowered his gun. Oro reformed the platforms into cases that imprisoned the team. Oro dropped the platforms back into the ground. Oro and Midas heard footsteps from down the hall.

"Hey, my team got a distress call and which one of you is the bad guy." A guy said, turning the corner.

"Who the fuck are you." Oro

"The name's Drift and you are screwed."

The Ice King came around the corner, alongside the rest of Drift's team. Golden spikes formed around Oro. Ice shot out of Ice King's hands, freezing the golden spikes. Ice King quickly froze Oro's body and pulled Oro toward him.

"No!" Oro yelled, using all of his power to break free from the ice.

Drift used one of his blades to stab Oro in the leg. Behind Oro, Brite Bomber; Drift's girlfriend stabbed Oro in the back with the tip of her hammer which had a spike on it. Midas walked up to Oro and placed a gun on his head.

"Don't move." Midas said.

"I don't need to." Oro replied.

A gold layer covered Oro. The layer exploded, sending a shockwave around the room, knocking everyone back.

"I was saving this for later, but..." Oro said, pulling out a rift-to-go.

He quickly gathered the ALTER members and popped off the cap, teleported them away. There was complete silence.

"What did we just watch?" Ice King said.

"Don't ask me." Drift said.

Midas walked away from them, ignoring what they were saying. He placed his hands on one of the prisons Oro made for his fellow EGO members. Slowly, the gold withered away. Remedy squeezed out of the withered away gold, gasping for air. She wrapped her arms around Midas.

"Thank you." Remedy said. "Let's get the teammates and get the hell out of here."