[9]

Thankfully, the EGO members were able to kill all the marauders, but have the Fortilla was in very critical condition. The EGO leaders and Ghost henchmen were all weak from the ambush. They can't get attacked like this again. Ocean was convinced that the ambush was enough proof that if ALTER raids EGO again, EGO might be gone for good. Ocean held her damaged stomach as she watched fish and sharks swim in the water from the window in the medical bay. Ocean just hoped that ALTER wouldn't be attacking soon.

**********

A bright light. That's what Midas immediately saw when he woke up. Was he dead? No, he was in a room. Across from him was a woman. She had dark brown pigtails, a tan tank top that sported the ALTER logo, and her cheeks were decorated with freckles. She was the engineer. The one who helped Midas build the Doomsday Device. Her name was Jules. She had a big, metal owl perched on her shoulder. It screeched quietly.

"Jules, what are you doing here? Where am I?" Midas looked around, hurting his neck a bit.

"We're at the agency." Jules said, walking closer to Midas.

"Really? How!? The device had to have destroyed it."

"It did. It was repaired by ALTER. We renamed the agency to the Authority. It's run by ALTER now."

"What happened to the other EGO members? You better not have hurt them! It was apart of the deal!"

"Relax, Midas. They weren't hurt at all. And besides, I'm not the one who would do the hurting."

Jules untied the ropes that partially binded Midas to the table. The robotic owl that Jules had hopped onto the floor, not taking an eye off of Midas. Midas was a bit creeped out about that bird. The sharp metal wings, and the glowing red eyes. Nightmare fuel right there. Jules smirked as she placed her hands around Midas' waist.

"Also, Midas, you shouldn't be worried about being touched. I gave some special orders to some certain people." Jules said, pulling Midas closer.

Jules kissed Midas, enjoying every second of it. She pulled away, reaching for Midas' golden hands. Midas painfully thought. of Remedy when he shared that kiss with Jules.

"Follow me." Jules said.

Midas and the robot owl followed Jules out of the cramped room and into the main room. Midas finally sees what ALTER has done to his beloved base for EGO. He wondered where EGO was now and how they're doing. Jules brought Midas upstairs and to Midas' former room. Jules opened the door and to Midas' surprise, some of his belongings were still there. Midas walked in. Jules told her owl to stay outside. Once Jules closed the door, she locked it. Midas turned around, suspicious of Jules.

"I kind of guess you want a payment in return because of what ALTER did to your agency? If so, I have just the thing for you." Jules said, approaching Midas.

She gave Midas another kiss. This one was longer and Midas definitely enjoyed it a ton more. Jules lured Midas over to his bed and she tossed the both of them on top of it. Jules pulled away and started to strip off her top. She placed it on the floor started to slither her hands through Midas' clothes, half naked. Stroking Midas' hair, Jules pulled Midas into another kiss.

**********

Remedy watched as Siona lead a team of henchmen to the damaged wall. They'd be down at the damaged wall every sunset until sunrise until the wall was fixed. Remedy thought about Midas. Where could he be? Was he even still alive? Remedy hoped so.

Ocean and Turk watched Siona and some of the henchmen.

"Do you think ALTER could raid us soon?" Ocean asked.

"Probably. Look at us! We're too vulnerable. If we keep getting vulnerable, then ALTER would raid us constantly and then eventually conquer us!" Turk replied, hopelessly.

"Be optimistic, dude. Even of ALTER does raid us soon, we can take em! EGO always does. And maybe even random squads or duos could help us." Ocean placed her hand around Turk, smiling as the sun went down. "ALTER has nothing against us."

Soon the sun fell. Siona was eating a sandwich while she and the Ghost henchmen were scouting the water for enemy boats and the occasional hill peaking out of the water for enemies that could possibly be hiding in bushes.

"The bread on this sandwich is amazing!" Siona told a henchman, then took a bite out of the sandwich.

"Movement spotted!" A henchman whispered, aiming his assault rifle at an oncoming boat.

Siona stood up and piled down the sandwich. With a mouthful of bread and a pistol in her hand, Siona tried to confirm if the boat was an ALTER boat. With four people dressed in black inside of it and a black and white paint job on the boat, it was definitely ALTER.

"Ready!" Siona called.

Tons of the Ghost henchmen aimed their rifles, pistols, snipers, and whatever else they could at the boat.

"Aim!"

The henchmen had their fingers barely even millimeters away from the trigger of their guns. The boat started gaining speed. The henchmen were itching to shoot, waiting for Siona's command.

"Fire!"

A barrage of bullets were opened on the boat. The boat swerved for a moment, got steady again, and shot a large rocket at the Fortilla. Siona pushed a henchman out of the way of the blast. The rocket hit nothing valuable. The boat began to swerve until the driver was sniped by a henchman. The boat was now headed straight for the Fortilla until it bumped the side of a large steep hill. The boat slowly started to stop, and with that sudden stop came some sudden tipping. The remaining Shadow henchmen hopped out of the boat and began swimming back to the Authority. They were gunned down.

"Ha!" Siona yelled.

The henchmen reloaded their weapons and then resumed their quiet discussions. They all successfully stopped a raid.