[8]

It's been weeks since ALTER raided the Agency and claimed it. They changed it to the Authority and heavily guarded it with henchmen everywhere. If you weren't a Shadow agent, the henchmen would gun you down. The giant water wall that was once the storm finally accepted the laws of physics and flooded the island. Everyone had to adapt. EGO built floating bases around the island, the most important being the Fortilla; EGO's new HQ.

Ocean was the new co-leader of EGO. She knew everything about how water worked. She knew how to get around the island faster than anyone. She knew which areas of the island were invested with sharks and other fish, and which areas weren't.

Ocean let the wind blow through her bright pink hair while she watched the fish in the water. She wore basic, blue and purple waterproof gear. She had a jacket tied around her waist, securing her back with simple survival stuff packed inside it. On her bag's strap, she had a knife attached for easy access.

"Long day?" Turk asked.

"I guess so." Ocean said without turning around.

Ocean's voice was soothing to Turk. Shortly after, Ocean stood up, staring at the Authority that was barely even visible in the distance. Turk was mesmerized by Ocean's vibrant hair bouncing in the wind. Ocean turned to Turk.

"Can we win this war?" Ocean doubted. "They have so much more advanced weapons than us."

"That doesn't matter." Turk reassured. "We have our wits. We can outsmart ALTER's Shadow henchmen any day!"

"I'm not worried about their henchmen. It's Oro, their leader who scares me. He's so powerful and ruthless."

Turk and Ocean were silent for a moment, but that silence was quickly ended by a loud shout.

"Marauders!" Someone yelled.

Turk and Ocean looked up at the sky to see a meteor quickly falling from a now shrinking rift.

"Ah shit. Get the weapons!" Turk called, rushing to the armory with Ocean following.

Siona, a young woman who has great experience with astronomy, pushed her green hair out of her face and aimed a heavy assault rifle at the falling meteor. It landed close to the Fortilla and now, six marauders climbed out of the meteor with loaded guns and approached the Fortilla.

"How many are there?" Turk asked.

"Six!" Remedy called, ready to heal anyone who gets wounded.

Siona opened fire. Other EGO leaders did the same, then so did the Ghost henchmen. The marauders fired back, hitting many henchmen with their stunning, inhuman aim. Suddenly, Siona got shot and Remedy almost immediately started tending to her wounds. Then, as more henchmen were wounded or killed, Meowscles was shot in the stomach. The big cat fell back and quickly crawled up against a wall, hissing and gripping his stomach. Once Remedy finished up with Siona, she rushed to Meowscles and started to patch him up.

"You'll be ok." Remedy said.

Finally, one marauder was killed. Skye shot dual pistols rapidly at the marauder's heads, hoping she wouldn't have to feel the pain of a bullet in her stomach or chest. Another marauder was taken down, but the battle still raged on.

Luckily for the EGO members, others must've heard. A helicopter flew in, firing at the marauders, but it turns out one of the marauders had a grenade launcher as was saving it. The marauder aimed for the helicopter and fired. The grenade got hit by the propeller moments before the grenade exploded and it seemed like the entire top of the helicopter blew up. A now burning helicopter started to fly in all sorts of directions, and soon the fiery inferno that was once a vehicle was about to crash land into once of the Fortilla's wall.

"You gotta be kidding me." Skye whispered.

The big group of EGO leaders and remaining henchmen ran for cover. The burning helicopter noisily crashed into one of the Fortilla's wall, blowing up. The wall was destroyed and hot metal was blasted everywhere. One piece impaled a henchman threw the chest.

"Glad that wasn't me." Cameo said as she, Ripply, and Remedy peaked around a corner to see the destroyed wall.

"Great, we're vulnerable again." Remedy said.

Emerging from the flames and destroyed metal came one of the marauders. He reloaded his grenade launcher. The EGO members could tell that the marauder was itching to use it again.