[16]

After Remedy, Scratch, and Skye finished explaining the whole situation about Midas, Scratch received a few harsh comments and then EGO was on their way. They decided to check the Southwest side of the map first. They explored Weeping Woods for any sign of Midas. They looked around, called for Midas, and then got out of there. They didn't want to get ambushed by ALTER and a forest would be the optimal spot for an ambush. At Slurpy Swamp, there was also no sign of Midas. With boots covered with mud and slurp juice, the EGO members hurried out of there. They decided that next, maybe they'd check up closer to the north of the island. Sweaty Sands would be a good place to hide. Half way through their search, Remedy heard a whisper.

"Remedy?"

Remedy looked around to see nobody near her. The closest person to her was Siona, but there was no way Siona could whisper to her from there. Foot steps grew louder behind Remedy. She turned around, and there he was. Midas was looking good as new. Besides his eyes. He looked like he hasn't slept in ages.

"Are you alright!?" Remedy asked, hugging Midas.

"Yes." He chuckled, half asleep.

"Hey guys! He's here." Siona called, as she rushed over to Midas and gave him a big hug.

As the others arrived, Meowscles gave Midas a big hug as well.

"Well, Midas. I think this war has gone on long enough." Remedy said. "What's your plan?"

"Let's bring Midas to the HQ first and let him rest. He could explain tomorrow." Ocean cut in.

The EGO members all headed back to their HQ with their leader, confident that they'll finally take down ALTER.

Once and for all...

**********

Three days later, the EGO members watched the sun set, not too far away from the Authority. Midas thought that if they destroy that necklace that Oro wore, it could destroy Oro's power. That necklace was their target. Midas signaled for the team to move foward. The Ghost henchmen used their suppressed weapons to take out the Shadow henchmen that patrolled from the top of the Authority.

"Once we break in through the back, shoot any Shadow henchman you see and capture their leaders." Midas whispered. "They won't get away this time."

Midas and Meowscles worked together to quickly break through the back of the Authority as quietly as they could. They alerted some henchmen, but the henchmen were taken care of quickly.

"Ok guys, split up." Midas whispered.

Midas quickly rushed around to the front of the Authority and was about to head up the stairs until a familiar voice stopped him.

"Hello Midas. Come back for more?" Jules asked.

Jules slowly approached Midas. Midas aimed his dual pistols at Jules.

"I don't want to shoot you." He said.

"You won't." Jules smirked.

Soon, Jules stood directly in front of Midas. She placed her hand on Midas cheek. Midas backed up. He slowly walked up the stairs and to one of the balconies.

"You really think you'll take down Oro? His power is too great. You'll never even come close to killing him." Jules said.

As Midas was cornered onto the balcony, Jules was once again, right in front of him. She placed her arms on Midas' shoulders. Midas finally had her in the right position. He leaned back with Jules and he position his feet to press against Jules' stomach and then he kicked her off the balcony. Midas quickly turned to watch Jules fall to the hard tile floor. There was no way Jules could've survived. Midas sorrowfully stared at Jules' dead body for a moment until he then continued his mission. He headed upstairs to see if any Shadow henchmen or other ALTER leaders were ready to battle Midas, but no. Upstairs was filled with unconscious or dead bodies.