[4]

Oro stood directly across from Scratch. Scratch's dual blades materialized from his hands. They stood for a moment until Scratch lunged at Oro, slashing at him back and forth. Oro ducked down and placed his hand on the ground. A string of gold traveled to Scratch and created a giant circle of gold. Oro got up, raised his arm and clenched his fist. The golden circle shattered into pieces and encased Scratch in some sort of prison.

"It'll get tighter until I become leader." Oro stated in a rough tone.

The gold slowly closed in on Scratch. Scratch tried pushing the gold away, but no use. It got closer and closer. Scratch used his blades to claw at the gold hoping something would happen. Nothing. The gold just got closer and closer, squeezing Scratch.

"Ok, enough!" Scratch yelled.

The gold loosened and fell to the ground.

"My first act of leadership; go hunt down EGO. Destroy their base and kill them all. You all destroyed one base, you can do it again!" Oro yelled. Scratch nodded, getting the ALTER members together.

Oro sat in the main room of the base. He stared at pictures of the Agency. Images of when the building first opened and images of Midas upgrading technology around the island. Oro zoomed in on Midas' face in one of the images.

"You can't hide from me forever, Midas. The future arrives eventually."

**********

Remedy sat on the Agency's stairs outside. She admired the sunset, while eating a vanilla icecream cone. She looked back at the agency. The past year was so crazy for her. She joined EGO and then literally just a couple months later, a bunch of random people show up, talking about a black hole and something called a Zero Point and just a few months after that, Midas shows up with the Agency. Remedy heard footsteps behind her. She turned around to see Midas holding an icecream cone too.

"Mind if join you?" Midas said, sitting down next to Remedy.

"I was just thinking about you, and the agency, and all the crazy stuff that's happened in the past year. Remember all that talk about the Zero Point. What was the Zero Point?" Remedy said.

Midas smile faded a bit. "I know exactly what it was."

"You do?"

"Yea, it was this giant glowing orb, locked away in an underground vault. I don't remember everything I was told, but there was this big fight between a mech and a monster. The Zero Point's vault was destroyed during the fight. From what I heard, the mech's pilot died, sadly. Then three mysterious people destroyed the Zero Point for some reason. I was on one of the islands next to the one with Zero Point, when it exploded, a massive shockwave destroyed a lot and then shortly after, a black hole sucked everything up. I remember waking up in a void, not remembering what happened before the explosion or what I was doing. I remember seeing this woman, she wore some sort of space suit with an orange interface on the mask. She was able to get me out of there with some sort of disc. She's the reason I'm here now. I just want to see her again."

Remedy was speechless. She licked her icecream.

"What's your story, Remedy?"

"Oh. Well I'm not really special like you-"

"Oh really? I'd thought your amazing face would've had an amazing story attached. Weird assumption I know, go on."

Remedy was shocked by Midas' compliment. She felt her cheeks get warm. Midas smirked.

"Ok. I'll continue." Remedy said, a little flustered. "I was just a normal nurse and then EGO was formed and I decided to join... Yeah, that's it. Well what I didn't know that EGO is a special force fighting against an equally powerful special force. At least I put my medical skills to better use." Remedy shrugged.

The sun was getting lower and lower. Midas and Remedy were finishing up their icecream.

"Wanna head back inside?" Midas asked.

"Sure" Remedy said as they walked up the stairs together talking about all sorts of things.