22

After dinner was finished you were adamant on helping his mom with the dishes. "Please Mama B? It's the least I could do."

"Fine," she relented with a grin as she handed you a plate to dry. "How are feeling, Y/N?"

"I'm okay," you shrugged. "Maybe a little tired but I think that's just because of the internship. Endeavor has worked me pretty hard this week. And being involved in the whole Hero Killer situation was draining."

"It may take a couple of days for you to get back on your feet after everything you saw." You have no idea. "Katsuki says your strong though so maybe not too long."

"He said that?" You looked over at where he sat on the couch his eyes on his phone.

"More than once," Mitsuki nodded and handed you another plate. "He also mentioned you said you believe in him."

"Well he may have paraphrased that part," you smiled at her. "But yes, I certainly believe he has what it takes to become a great hero someday."

"It's nice to hear it from someone other than myself or my husband," she sighed. "My son can be difficult to handle at times and a lot of that has to do with all the praise he got for his quirk when he was little. Your teachers seem to understand and acknowledge he has potential as well."

"Absolutely," you agreed. "They see potential in every one us. I'm sure some more than others."

Mitsuki shoved you with her shoulder playfully. "Don't tell me you don't think you have what it takes."

"I wouldn't go that far but I definitely think there are others in my class that have more potential than I do."

"You mentioned over dinner that you can heal, right?" Mitsuki furrowed her brows as she thought. "That sounds like hero material no matter how you look at it. Even with the, what did you call it? Fatigue? You can do wonders with your quirk, Y/N."

Why can't my father see me in that kind of light? You wondered.

"I know we've just met, Y/N," her hand on your arm pulled you from your thoughts. "But I can see something is troubling you. Have Katsuki give you my number and feel free to call or text me anytime you need to talk, okay?" When you nodded silently she smiled and pat your cheek. "Good, now go on, I'll finish up here."

"A-are you sure?"

"Of course," Mitsuki's smile was warm and caring. Motherly.

When you joined Bakugo on the couch he wrapped an arm around your shoulders, holding you close. "What do you want to do?" He asked.

"This is okay," you told him.

"I heard you tell my mom you were tired. Did you want me to take you home so you can rest?"

"Maybe in a little bit," you decided after some thought.

Your pulse thundered in your ears. Pain lanced up your arm, the wounds stinging with the prickle of loose gravel. Faster. I need to be faster. I can help. Just need to be faster.

The glint of metal in the moons light caught your attention. Fear seized your heart as you looked around frantically. The bloodied bodies of your friends lay scattered around you. No no no no no no! They had just been with you. The four of you fighting the Hero Killer together. "You couldn't help them," his voice rasped in your ear. "Maybe now you won't be such a problem."

You sat up, clutching your blanket to your chest as you gasped for breath. Somehow it still felt like cold metal was pressed to your throat. You took in the room around you, checking the shadows carefully as you stood on shaking legs. When you looked further you found Bakugo asleep on the floor and smiled. I just need some fresh air. Though they continued to tremble in aftermath of your nightmare you managed to convince your legs to move.