30

The receiver lead you to Kamino. You were deep in thought the majority of the train ride. Listening to music, you were able to drown out the soft chatter around you.

"Come on! You can do better than that!" Bakugo had shouted at you. He had dodged your poor attempt of an attack and knocked you on your ass. Again.

"Go easy man," Kirishima had protested on your behalf. "It's the first session."

"This is w-"

"Again," you interrupted. Standing on tired legs you swiped at the sweat that begged entry to your eyes. "Until I get it right. And you'd better not hold back."

Your insistence had earned a daring smile from Bakugo. Kirishima gave you a worried look but nodded.

~~~

"Again!" You demanded, pushing to your feet.

"You've been at it for hours," Uraraka warned. "Don't you think you've trained enough today?"

"If she wants to go again, let her," Bakugo took a fighting stance.

"You're going too hard."

"I'm fine." You'd glared at your opponent.

"Come at me!" He challenged.

~~~

"She looks like she's ready to pass out." You had heard Kirishima tell Bakugo one night. You were sparing with Uraraka then, learning from her what she'd been taught during her time with Gunhead.

"I'm fine," the both of you had snapped at the red head.

Laughter had erupted from Bakugo. A genuine laugh that had sent your heart soaring. You wanted to hear it more.

"One more round?" You smiled at your friend. "I have to study for that test in Mic's class tomorrow anyway."

~~~

"You've gotten better since the beginning of the year," Aizawa had mentioned after class on day. "You still have a ways to go but the improvement is there."

"Katsuki and Kirishima have been helping me with combat training." You remember smiling when you'd told him. "He may not seem like it, but Katsuki is a great teacher."

"It shows. Keep up the hard work."

~~~

"Are you still having nightmares?" Bakugo asked one weekend. The two of you were at his place playing Mario Kart.

The question had caught you so off guard that you'd allowed your character to completely go off course. "Um, yeah," you'd admitted.

"Still running by yourself then?" He'd glared at the TV clearly dissatisfied with the notion.

"I am."

You remembered the low growl that came from deep in his throat and the demand that you called him if you were going to go out at night. "I'll come with. Even if it's just to get you to the school grounds. You shouldn't be out and about on your own like that when it's dark."

~~~

The worried look on his face when you had finally come to in the hospital after the attack at the USJ had pained you in the moment. However it had lead to something you cherished so dearly, you'd put yourself in the hospital a thousand times over if it would lead to the same outcome.