20

"Marry my son after graduation." Endeavor's words echoed in your head as you walked to the cemetery. You kicked at a rock on the sidewalk annoyed with the situation. He's serious too. The bastard.

You put the thought aside as you entered the cemetery and headed for your mother's plot. It was the red hair you noticed first.

"What are you all doing here?" You wondered looking at your friends in disbelief.

"Same thing you are," Uraraka smiled. "Seeing your mom."

"What about your internships?"

"Uraraka started a group chat last night with everyone that knows and asked if we wanted to surprise you," Mina explained.

"We might now have known her like Uraraka," Kirishima added. "But we know you, Y/N, and how important this is to you."

"Don't go crying hummingbird," Bakugo pulled you into a hug as tears threatened.

"I just really needed this after today," you told them.

"What's going on?" Mina asked. You could see the concern written on all of your friends faces.

"It's Endeavor," you sighed.

"We tried telling you it was a bad decision," Kirishima sat and looked at you sadly.

"It's not that," you insisted as you joined him on the ground. "He wants me to marry Todoroki."

"Seriously?"

"No way!"

"What did you say?"

Bakugo was the only one to remain quiet. You caught the dark look in his eye and the way he balled in fists so tight his knuckles turned white.

"I tried telling him that we're just friends but he insisted on me thinking about it. Todoroki is a great person sure, but he's not someone I could see myself dating let alone marrying."

Uraraka gave you a knowing smile. "Don't let him bully you, Y/N," was all she said.

"I don't intend to," you smiled back at her. "He can try all he wants but I won't be backing down."

Bakugo smirked at that. "If anyone was going to stand up to him, it was going to be you."

"You fight for what you want," Mina agreed.

"It's not manly to try and tell you what to do anyway," Kirishima added, shaking his head and drawing his knees up. "You have to do whatever makes you happiest."

"Thanks you guys. But enough about me," you shrugged. "How are all of your internships going?"

"Fourth Kind is great," Kirishima answered quickly. "A lot of non traditional hero training but it's still awesome."

"You already know Gunhead is teaching me a lot of hand to hand combat stuff," Uraraka added. "What about you Mina? Bakugo?"

"I don't want to talk about it," Bakugo huffed, clearly annoyed.

"I love it," Mina said cheerfully. "I've learned a lot already."

"We got company," Bakugo turned his attention to an approaching figure.

"Oh," you murmured and stood. "It's my dad."

"Y/N," your father stopped a few feet away from your small group. "I didn't think I'd see you here."

"I was going to come yesterday but with the internships and missing a day I decided to wait until today," you stated mildly confused. "I come here every week though, you know that."

"You didn't the week of the attack at the USJ."

"That's not fair," Uraraka stepped up beside you. "She was recovering."

"Regardless," your dad looked at you. You could find nothing but anger and loathing in his eyes. "I don't want to see you here again."

Tears brimmed your eyes. "You - you can't just stop me from seeing Mom."

"She wouldn't want to see what you've become anyway," he shot at you.

"Hey!" Bakugo stepped in front of you, Kirishima followed, the two blocking your line of sight. "You don't know what she would want."

"I'm sorry who are you two supposed to be?" You just made out the frown on your father's face.

"Y/N's friends," Kirishima puffed up proudly.

"I see. This is between Y/N and I so please step aside."

"Whatever you want to say to me they can hear too, dad," you squeezed between the boys. "They all know what happened so it's no big secret anymore."

"I told you never to tell anyone."

"I'm in the hero course!" You almost shouted in exasperation. "People would've found out more about my quirk at some point! I'm done hiding who I am and what I can do. And you should be proud of me! Dad, I was able to bring Endeavor to his knees with my quirk." You heard Mina and Uraraka gasped in shock behind you. "I'm slowly learning to control Fatigue but I wouldn't be so afraid of it or need to play catch up if you hadn't insisted that it was this horrible part of me that needed to be locked away."

"You killed your mother!" Your father hissed at you, his face began to turn red in anger.

"She asked me to it!" You wanted to cry, the tears were there. "We were both so blinded by grief that we couldn't see how much she hated the fight. She was tired of it all."

"She could still be here!"

"We both know that's not true," you finally let yourself step closer to him, shortening the distance to a foot between the two of you. "She was dying and she was miserable."

"You could have saved her if you tried harder." The words pierced your heart like a knife.

"How dare you," Uraraka took your hand giving it a gentle squeeze. "She was just a kid who was watching her mom die slowly. Y/N did her a favor."

"Uraraka, I understand you grieved for my wife too, but you don't know what you're talking about."

"She asked me to," you repeated, staring at the ground. "She told me not to be scared, or upset. Mom said it was what she wanted and that she wasn't scared, just tired. I never would've done that on my own."

"She was a fighter!" You father shouted raising a hand.

"That's enough!" Bakugo was on your father in an instant, taking him to the ground and pinning him. "We get it, you're upset by what happened. Anyone would be. But you don't get to blame your daughter for it because you can't accept that your wife didn't want to fight anymore."

"Get off of me, you brat!" You watched for a moment as your father struggled under Bakugo's grasp. "I'll call the authorities on you!"

"Don't," you pleaded. "Look, I'm going to keep seeing mom if that means I have to change the day I come each week I will. As for everything else I want you to sign over guardianship to Uraraka's parents."

"Consider it done," your father's eyes were cold when he looked up at you. "They'll have papers by the end of this term."