thirty three

i sat in my car, waiting for carter to successfully sneak out of her house so we could go to a party. she had just got her tether off so she could leave without getting caught.

after a few minutes she got into my car, a small scrape on her hand.

"fell out my window a little bit." she laughed and i rolled my eyes, driving to the house.

i parked on the side of the street and we walked into the house that smelt of weed and sweat. carter already said she would be the dd, considering she was on probation still.

"hey dom." i turned around and saw troy with a drink in his hand.

"hi troy." i smiled. "dont drink too much because im not gonna be your bathroom buddy this time." i told him and he laughed.

"someone just asked me to drop acid with them." he said and my eyes went wide.

"where they at?" i asked.

"not saying because i dont want you to do something stupid." he said and i nodded, knowing that i shouldnt.

i poured myself a drink and made my way to a circle where people were passing around like 7 blunts.

"oh my, hey dom!" a small blonde squealed and hugged me, she looked familiar but not enough. "oh wait, hi, im karlee. we had a class together freshman year." she said and i nodded.

"thats why i don't remember you much." i said and she nodded, i sat next to her.

i stumbled into the bathroom, my vision blurred and unable to think straight. i felt myself fall into the wall then be lifted back up by someone else.

"well i guess im your bathroom buddy." troy said, holding my side and guiding me to the toilet.

"troy! hi!" i squealed, hugging him. "oh shit i have to p-pee." i giggled, and he rolled his eyes.

i went pee and found myself unable to get up from the toilet.

"okay, stand up dom." troy said and i shook my head.

"i-i cant." i mumbled and he groaned, helping me up and pulling my pants back on. "i miss jakey." i pouted and troy didnt say anything.

"let me get you home." he said.

"wheres carter?" i hiccuped, he picked me up to go out to the car and make it easier.

"zachs gonna take her home." he replied. "keys?" he asked.

"butt pocket?" i replied, i felt him grab them out and giggled. he put me in my car and buckled me up, which i didn't want.

i struggled against him in the car but him being the stronger, sober person he got me in.

"can we get slushees?" i asked, turning to face him.

"only if you sit and stay buckled." he replied and i nodded, sitting up and watching the road signs.

"look at the stars!" i pointed to the sky and i heard troy chuckle.

after getting our slushees he brought me home and helped me inside.

"zach was my way home so could i stay the night?" troy asked as we got into my room.

"ye-yes, always." i smiled and he nodded. "your drawer is still full." i told him and her looked in the top drawer of my dresser for his clothes.

i grabbed a sweatshirt and underwear and started stripping from my clothes, completely ignoring that troy was in here. i stood completely naked and when he turned around his eyes went wide.

"p-put some clothes on dom." he said, but didnt look away.

i bent over and pulled on my underwear and then the sweatshirt, which happened to be troys.

"thats my lacrosse hoodie." he mumbled, i just shrugged and laid down on the bed.

he went into my closet and grabbed an extra blanket and pillow.

"where you going?" i asked.

"im gonna sleep on the couch." he replied, opening my bedroom door.

"no, sleep in here." i whined, scooting over so he had room on the bed.

"domino, i dont think jake would appreciate his girlfriend sleeping next to her ex." troy told me and i pouted.

"luke and i sleep next to each other all the time, jake doesnt care." i shrugged, patting the bed.

"that's different, lukes with noen. dom, youre drunk, im just gonna sleep downstairs on the couch." he said and left the room.

i fell asleep almost immediately considering it was 4 am and i was super tired.

when i woke up there was a glass of water and aspirin on my night stand. i drank the water and took the aspirin before getting up and going downstairs.

"good morning, domino." my mom smiled as she made pancakes.

"morning momma. i dont know how i got home la-" "troys asleep on the couch." she interrupted and my eyes went wide.

"tr-troy?" i asked and she nodded.

"go wake him up, im almost done with breakfast." she said and i walked out to the living-room, seeing him wrapped in a blanket on the couch.

"troy, wake up." i shook him awake and he let out a groan.

"eat shit dom." he muttered and i rolled my eyes.

"my mom made pancakes." i told him which caused him to immediately jump up.

"fuckin love moms pancakes." he said which caused me to scrunch my nose in disgust.

"weird ass." i mumbled, following him into the kitchen.

"why were you asleep on the couch?" she asked him.

"i couldnt sleep in the same bed as domino considering she has a b-" "i was intoxicated mom, what if i did something to harm the both of us." i said to her and she nodded, i gave troy a dirty look.

"why doesnt she know about you and jake?" troy whispered.

"because she has this stupid fantasy about you and i and i dont want to crush her heart." i replied.

"or you dont want to be with jake." troy retorted.

"shut the fuck up, you have no idea what you're talking about, i love jake." i said a bit too loudly but thankfully my mom was distracted by her cooking.

"sure you do."