•Chapter 1•

•Determination•

Midoriya's [Memories]

M-"Mama! Mama! Look! A red string!" She smiled and laughed.

I-"I can't see it sweetie, I can only see mine." I could tell my face had a confused expression.

M-"What do you mean Mama? Mines over there!" I pointed to the string going out the window, She smile softly.

I-"Everyone can only see their own string, mines going out the door, can you guess what that string means?"  I think for a minute or two.

M-"I don't know Mama...Can you tell me? I want to know!" I tugged on her sweater.

I-"Alright, alright, It means someone you love is on other side, that your destined to be with them, and live a happy life with them." I smiled.

M-"Does that mean I'll be happy with her?" She looked down at me, putting me in her lap.

I-"It's called a Soulmate, they can be a boy or girl, or anything they want to be called." I nod my head.

M-"So it could be boy?" She nods and smiles.

I-"Yes, it can." I smiled back.

M-"Then I cant wait to meet him! Or her! Or anyone that will make me happy!" She nods.

Midoriya's [Past]

I was on my way to middle school, I could see Kacchan and his friends going around the corner to the school, I slowed my pace, avoiding him, even if there is no point.

I walked to the back of the back of school, there was a little place where the water fell, I liked watching and hearing water, it was soothing to hear while writing.

All I wanted to do was have a moment of peace, but Kacchan came around, when I saw him and his friends walk around the corner of the building...

They started to tease and punch me, it hurt, but I was used to it by now. It's been happening for years, it is not any different from the rest.

B-"You probably don't even have a soulmate, you'll never get into UA." Only people with the highest marks get into UA.

I've been working hard on my marks with my tutor, his name is Toshinori Yagi, people call him All Might because of smartness.

He says I'm capable of doing it, even if I'm not that smart, I'm observant, my Dad is working aboard to keep me and my Mom okay.

The only thing keeping me alive is thought about my soulmate, my Mom said that they'll make me happy all my life, once middle school is over, I'll  start looking for them, the string is all over the place, it tightens a lot.

My Mom said when your soulmate get hurt it tightens to show that they need you, I want to follow that string so much, but I can't, not yet...

Midoriya's [POV]

It was the end of middle school, my Mom and I just got news that I got into UA, she's happy that I did, she doesn't know that All Might helped, he doesn't want her to know since it'll be awkward.

I understand that, but right now, I can have a break, and search for my soulmate. The string has been tightening more and more, I need find them, I want to be someone who they can depend on, rely on! I want them to see my smile and know that their okay! That's it's going to be alright!

I want to be there for them.

(A/N: Next Chapter will be about Todoroki.)