•Chapter 23•

•Midnight News

Todoroki's [POV]

I woke up to Izuku moving around, he seem to be having a nightmare, I tried to call him down my petting his hair, or just rubbing his back. Nothing seemed to work, so I had to wake him up, I shook him, he woke up sweating and crying. He had a tight grip on my shirt that I had changed into a little bit before, we both were in white shirts and light gray boxers, we put them on when we woke up yesterday.

I looked at him, holding him closer wiping his tears away with the bottom of my shirt. He looked up at me smiling, he learn towards my cheek kissing it, even though he's done it a few times, it's still a nice pleasant feeling. He sat up slowly, leaning his head on my shoulder. We sat there in the dark, quiet, night. Well it was quite, till we heard Izuku's stomach. His face turned red from embarrassment.

I laughed quietly, it was still night so I did it out of instinct. I got out of bed, Izu following behind me. We started to walk to the kitchen, he waddled behind me, his stomach still being loud. We made it to the kitchen, he sat down at the table, looking at the letter he wrote earlier. I walked to the fridge, grabbing a few things, some white rice from yesterday, and few other things, such as eggs, oil, soy sauce, and left over chicken.

I started cooking the fried rice, hearing Izuku groan behind me, but other then that, it was pretty peaceful. Well until the front door opened, I continued to cook, but I could tell Izuku went silent. I finished and turned around to see Inko, Izuku froze. I put the food on a bowl, so we could take it to the room. I turned around again to see Inko grabbing the letter.

Izuku grabbed the bowl and some spoons, he grabbed my hand and ran to his room. I didn't get to clean up so I feel bad for leaving a mess, but I did wonder why Izuku did that. We made it to his room, he let me come inside, then locked the door behind me.

T-"what's wrong Izuku?" I tried to ask quietly, but it was hard to when he was trembling.

M-"U-uh..yeah it's j-just...I wrote the news in that l-letter...that's why I-I." He didn't need to finish, so I cut him off by hugging him.

I let go of him, grabbing the bowl from him, putting it on his nightstand, along with putting the spoons in it. I picked him up and carried him to the bed, setting him in my lap. I grabbed the bowl and set it on his, being that it wasn't hot, maybe just a bit warm.

We both start eating, it was quite for a few minutes, when we were finishing, we heard a thud, but as soon as we heard it we heard running. I put the bowl on the night stand, I picked him up hearing knocking. I knew he didn't want to face her, but he's gonna have to eventually.

I opened the door, still carrying Izuku, he had his legs around my waist and his head on my shoulder, with his eyes shut closed. I put him down, he was still facing me, refusing to turn around.

Midoriya's [POV]

I was shaking, which was fairly obvious, but it's stopped...one I felt my mama hugging me it stopped...I turned around hugging her back, crying. She was too...why wouldn't she be though? She started sliding down, so I followed suite to not hurt her on accident.

I-"I-IZUKUUU..." I was surprised that's she had yelled so loud.

M-"Y-yeah...mama?" She hugged me closer.

I-"Mama's right here okay..? Mama's not going anywhere..." we both went quite, and you could hear was the sounds of small whimpers.

M-"I-I know mama...I k-know...thank you mama..." she nodded her head, looking up at Shoto.

I-"Come here Shoto..." he froze in place, but nodded and walked towards up, kneeling down.

My mama pulled away from me, hugging him as well, making him fall on the floor. She pulled me into the hug as well, it was just us three...that's how it felt, just us and nothing else.

Well...I guess you could say the four of us...