Chapter 12~ By the Grace of God

A/N: Sheesh it takes me forvever to write chapters :/ It must be because I am LAZY with a capital L. Hopefully you guys like the chapter :)

*******************************************************************

Jeremy's P.O.V.

This was all my fault. If I hadn't had pushed him away he'd still be conscious right now. His mother would have never found him and maybe, just maybe, he would eventually be mine. I was such a screw up.

"Jeremy, stop thinking," Anny told me crossly. I glared at her. Why couldn't she mind her own business?

"Anny, stop being annoying," I replied back. She rolled her eyes and flipped her teal and red tinted hair behind her shoulder. 

"I know what you're thinking in that head of yours and you're completely wrong. It's not your fault," Anny stated in a duh tone.

"How can you say that? I'm to blame! It's completely and utterly my fault! I scared him off..." I whispered. Tears were threatening to spill out of my tired eyes.  Anny sighed and grabbed my face. She looked deep into my eyes.

"Now you listen to me and you listen to me good. Mason ran away of his own free will. He scared himself away because he's dumb and he's been through a rough time. He had to go the hospital. That may be how his mom found him, but the fact that she thought it was okay to beat him up is her fault. None of this is on you!" Anny shouted in my face fiercely.

"That may be true, but I ruined any chance of him being mine," I spoke quietly.

"Jeremy, stop being such an idiot! With the damage his mom did to him, there is little chance Mason will even remember you! There is even little chance that he'll remember me and I'm his best friend! This is a terrible situation and you're making it worse by thinking like that. So like I said, stop being an idiot!" she screamed. Tears began to pour down her face as her tough façade finally broke. Instantly I felt bad. I was only thinking of myself and Anny obviously had just a big of loss.

"Anny, I'm so sorry. I wasn't thinking of how this was affecting you," I said before I hugged her.

"Of course you weren't, you stupid head," she laughed hoarsely and hugged me back.

*                                                                            *                                                                               *

"Is Mason going to be alright?" I heard my mother say as she walked into the hospital waiting room later that day.

"I honestly don't know, Mom," I told her hesitantly. The door opened again and Oxie flounced in with wide eyes.

What is this place? Where is Mason? she signed. I couldn't look at her. She didn't know what happened to Mason and I couldn't bring myself to tell her. He is her favorite person in the whole universe besides her family. This would crush her.

Jeremy! Where is he?! Oxie climbed onto my lap and grabbed my face with her delicate, tiny hands.

Mason is... sleeping I told her. I held my breath as she processed this. She nodded her head in understanding and I breathed out a sigh of relief.

"Who is here to see Mason?" questioned a new voice. Everybody looked up to see a doctor with a grim expression. "Only two people may go in to see him. He's not in a coma luckily; he's just resting. I must warn you though, there may be a significant amount of brain damage and amnesia is a possibility."