INÂBAH - Path of tears and emptiness

The old man turned to the voyager who had taken a first step down the path, and said

"So, you've decided to take the path of tears and emptiness.."

The voyager laughed and replied,

"Who's there who has not transversed the path in emptiness and tears!

Love and fear are the requirements,
Only an empty heart can truly be filled!

Tears of longing for the Beloved
Tears of fear of His wrath
Years spent in hope and fear,

All are included in the tempest of emotions we must dance in!"

The sage sighed, saying,

"A person who has chosen to walk this path and has not yet reached Ma'arifah, would feel a lot of tears and emptiness... Don't you wish to change this path?"

The voyager had a moment of sorrow to himself.

He knew it all too well, - the pangs of yearning with 'Ishq..

But he replied softly so one could feel his sorrow. His voice was ever firm, but it carried that feeling of desolation of self.

"No... The moment I stepped on it, I realized - there was no other path I would take.. let alone turn back.

This is my path, my path of return - to Allah!"

It was that feeling of wanting something, ..there being no other choice but to cross seas of fire and mountains of blades. However, that price to pay to attain what one fervently desired, just had to be paid..

...

Looking towards the sky in melancholy, the voyager added

"I've seen through all the illusions.. but alas - I'm unable extricate myself from them."

A reply was heard,"To pierce through the most profound of illusion, one need only the mind to see through the deception and reach reality..

But - to forcefully break one's way out into reality, one needs the willpower of the heart.

Thus it is said, when the heart and the mind become whole, the tongue would speak from the recesses of the soul.."

- A.A.I.M.[Interaction With The Soul]