Longing 3

It was 3 a.m. when Ryan jerked awake. He had a horrible nightmare. It was now usual for him to get a nightmare whenever he is worried or stressed. He decided to go to the garden, feeling very much in need of fresh air. But when he reached there, his sister was already sitting on a bench. He knew what made her wake up. 

"It is a starry night", Ryan said sitting beside his sister. Shiara looked at her brother and smiled, "Yes, indeed it is. How come you are here?" she said sounding more like a big sister.

"The same reason you are here," came the prince's reply. "Shia?" he said. Shiara hummed in response and looked at him.

"You never told me how you guys met. When was the first time when you met him?" The prince asked his sister.

"I had already told you, I met them when I designed the concert stage for the first time. We had a meeting to discuss how the boys wished to perform." Shiara replied nonchalantly.

"Shia! I asked you to tell me how you met Kim Taehyung for the first time and dear sister the truth this time," elder brother was unimpressed with his sister's nonchalant behavior.

Flashback:

sometime in 2012

Lady Shiara Heath princess of Genovia was in Korea with her mother Lady Katherine Amelia Windsor. Lady Katherine was a renowned artist. She was holding an exhibition there. Shiara was so impressed with Korea, especially the K-dramas. She was literally obsessed with them, so seeing her enthusiasm her mother encouraged her to learn Korean while they were staying here.

They were in Seoul, and they were to stay there for a whole month. So, Shiara decided for the best and her mother enrolled her to a special class to learn Hangul. It was her second week in school. She was on the rooftop sitting on an old chair present there; trying to learn some phrases when she heard a sound coming from behind. She quickly got up and turned. 

A boy had just run up the stairs and closed the door behind. He closed his eyes trying to calm the adrenaline rush, as he was panting. He had some kind of princely vibe which made Shiara slightly scared of the boy. He was gorgeous, Shia hated to admit it but it was the truth she had never seen someone like him. There was nothing special about his appearance. His hair was messy, uniform dishevelled, and he was wearing thick round glasses. But still, he was able to pull even that kind of look way too well. He was simply handsome. The princess got lost at the sight in front of her.

The said boy didn't realize someone else's presence on the roof until he opened his eyes. That was when he noticed a beautiful girl looking at him agape. The girl was practically drooling over the boy, her mouth was slightly opened, but the innocent boy was oblivious. He scratched his neck feeling embarrassed. It was their break time, and he had played a stupid prank on his friend and was now running for his dear life. The school's rooftop had always been his safe house, not many students came there. So, he had no idea that he would meet some girl there. 

Not some ordinary girl, the most beautiful girl he had ever seen. " Ahem," he coughed slowly approaching the girl, in hope of some conversation. "Hi, I am sorry, if I startled you. You see I was playing with my friends," He completely skipped the part of him being a sneaky prankster.

 The deep raspy voice made Shiara come back to her senses. His voice was different from his looks, it was deep, it was angelic. But she couldn't completely understand what the boy just said, other than the greeting part. So she greeted him instead, "Hi."

"um, are you new here?" the boy asked trying to ease the embarrassment he felt. But the opposite person was not able to comprehend what the boy had said. So, she decided to tell him, "I cannot speak Korean," she said the first line she had learnt in the class. "I speak English,"  she added.

"The boy looked at her surprised when it dawned at him. She must be in the language class, which was held for foreigners to teach them Korean. No wonder he had never seen her before. But now he felt the dread because English was a language he didn't speak. 

He wanted to say something but the bell rang, signalling that the break time was over. The girl began to go back when she heard a voice, " I am Kim Taehyung, Taehyung Kim". She looked at the boy and smiled a little, "I am Shiara Heath." She went her way after saying that. 

Their meeting was purely a coincidence, but she couldn't sleep that night. The scene of the boy running up and closing the door kept replaying in her mind, she didn't know why?

Little did she know it was the same for the boy as well. At his dorm, he was also lost in his thoughts. He couldn't keep out the image of a beautiful girl biting her lips out of his mind. He was unusually quiet, which made his friends questioned him. But he successfully diverted them. Get a hold of yourself Kim Taehyung, he scolded himself in his mind.

It was not their only meeting. They met again the next day, on the same rooftop. they both had gone there, hoping to meet the other. But they never said that to each other. They talked more that day. He tried to make her understand different words through his broken English. This didn't end there.

The kept on meeting each other every day from then on, he helped her with her Korean lessons and she helped him to learn some English. They talked about random things, never really talked about each other. He was not allowed to tell anyone that he was a trainee. And so was she. Her mother had strictly forbidden her to reveal her identity to anyone. 

They both knew this was a brief friendship because she would have to go as her class would end. Besides, it was highly likely that they would meet each other again. So there was no point of them exchanging numbers or whatever. He would not have time to talk with her anyway when they will debut in the future. He cannot afford a scandal. 

She, on the other hand, thought that she might never come back to Korea so what's the point in trying to build a long-distance relationship. So, with an unsaid agreement, they both kept meeting each other, until her class was over. 

They thought that over time they would forget each other. But that never happened. Both of them were never able to keep each other out of their minds.

Ever since he had met the girl, he couldn't lay eyes to anyone else. He had many female friends but none of them ever appealed to him. It was like he was marked.

She had felt the same way over the months. Many suitors approach her, but she never seemed to like anyone. She felt that she belonged to the boy with a deep voice. 

Flashback ended 

By the time, Shiara ended up telling her brother the account of their chance meeting, the sun began to rise. "So, that was it. I immediately recognized him, when he debuted. I knew he would do something great with his life, I had seen a fire in his eyes, the kind of fire I saw in your eyes when you started your company." She said tears flowing from her eyes.

"Sush, he is going to be alright. You guys are meant to be together, So, trust me he will wake up." The prince quickly hugged her and shushed his sister. He then cupped her face and wiped the tears with the palm of his hand and gave her his heavenly smile. It was his way of assuring his sister that everything will be fine and it worked.

They both got up and went inside, soon they were going to get ready to go to the hospital. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so yeah they knew each other before he was an idol. Bear with it, it's just a story after all.

I loved the movie so much. Though a love that spans over eternity is impossible to find in real life. But hey what are fantasy books for.