𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺 𝘵𝘸𝘰.

josh's truck had three seats in the front and three in the back with no real dividers. tyler sat right next to joshua, in the middle. he usually sat near the window but he decided to do a brave thing and sit closer. it was new.

"i-i'm real sorry about, zackie, he's, i-i dunno he's j-just an o-older brother."

"don't worry about it, ty."

"i-i just want you a-and my family to get along, y-yanno? a-and how he acted wasn't n-nice."

"mhm, s'okay"

josh flashed tyler a smile, pretending to be more focused on the road than he truly was. he was afraid of saying anything else, knowing he didn't exactly have any kind words to say about the older brother. the first interaction with zack and josh already wanted to kick his teeth in. any knowledge of their last words and tyler's heart might break. joshua still liked tyler more than he hated zack and decided not to comment.

"s-seem distracted, j-josh."
tyler reached his little hand out, gently placing it on his thigh. shivers flew past josh's spine like a jolt of electricity. he hadn't realized his grip on the steering wheel was deadly until his knuckles loosened up, relaxing at his boy's touch. goosebumps grew, that and something else. josh jumped up, not expecting any contact near that area. any angry thoughts had left his mind in a second.

"baby!" the jolt caused them to swerve slightly, luckily no one was on the road but them. "josh, don't do that! b-be careful, you s-scared me!"

"i'm sorry, sorry. just- fuck i didn't expect that."

"god, e-expect what?"

"you touching me, especially there, baby."

"oh," tyler wasn't sure how to respond. "i-i'm sorry. w-won't do it a-again."

"what? you won't touch me again?" josh faked a big frown, pushing out his bottom lip and using his finger to mock tears rolling down his face.

"i-i dunno, i'm s-sorry."
tyler's tone shifted. he felt uncomfortable, even if josh wasn't mad he had already felt on edge. between his brother and fear of car crashes, it felt like overload. he often felt easily overwhelmed in fear of disappointing his partner.

"baby, just surprised me, that's all,"
he whispered, rubbing circles into tyler's thighs. josh's voice went from sweet and full to low and reassuring. it was deep and smooth, warm and melty. it made tyler's world fuzzy. "that's all, baby. you're alright."

"th-thank you,  j-josh."

"mhm." josh kissed the top of his head, leaning in and straining his eyes on the road.

"what do you want for dinner?"

"d-dinner?"

"mhm, pizza, take out, burgers, whatever you want."

"w-well we had pizza l-last time, s-so burgers? o-only if you wanna, w-we can e-eat whatever."

"sounds perfect."

˚₊⁎⁺˳✧༚

"god, so much for fast food."

"i-i know, right? a-at least we w-went there first."

tyler carried the bag of burgers and tyler carried a bag full of desserts from their local grocery store inside.